Coiltek Now Selling From Their Own Website?

It’s simple Rob. The money you make they’d rather keep for themselves. For most people it’s mail order from a dealer or mail order from Coiltek, what’s the difference? You know I’m all for small dealers, but the sad fact is manufacturers need them less and less every year. I’ve been waiting to see which detector manufacturer finally drops dealers entirely and goes factory direct. Lots of dealers are merely drop shippers anyway these days, and when the customer has a problem, they tell them to call the factory. They are order takers, nothing more, and the factory can do that themselves. You are more an exception than the norm these days.

• Like 4

Hey Steve,

Well said, it's nothing many of us didn't know 10 years ago when the Internet was going strong.  I knew it was a just a matter of time until Big Box retailers were selling the products, then Amazon and such.  I agree, many of the small dealers do in fact probably drop ship 90% of their products, but there are a few of us that still keep a full line in stock of most detectors and all the aftermarket and other accessories like Doc's, Apex picks, DetectorPro headphones, Coiltek coils, NF coils and such.  

We are a dying bread, small dealers will all go away at some point in the future.  

P.S.  If you see me selling Lemonade along the roadside, don't laugh! :wub:

Rob

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

I guess the good part is it opens up the coils to people in markets where they're not easily available.

……and avoiding counterfeit coils 🇨🇳 

• Like 1

No doubt its not looking good for dealers but I give em the yeh for the day, back in the "heyday" my dealer would send up to me on spec a new detector or coil to test, he knew gold was my thing and understood the new item was going to be a benefit to me, a relationship we both gained from, me no doubt more so. When he retired Minelab acknowledged he was the than longest serving OZ dealer they had, note he was a multidealer not just a Minelab dealer. I definitely give Dealers the yeh for the day. 

• Like 3

It's sad to see everything become centralized. The mom & pop grocery store, the town clothing store, the local bootmaker, your favorite Cafe. Seems everything has gone corporate. The bonds and friendships forged through these connections become lifelong. Now thrown by the wayside by tapping on a computer or talking with a person from who knows where. I understand we all want to make $$$. But at the cost of greed? It seems we could be at a tipping point of society. I long for the days of our elders, when life was simpler, yet harder. I'm glad I'm fortunate to be able to live in old fashioned way and understand the new ways. I'm afraid if the 💩 really hits the fan, and we have a total blackout of no electronics.  The younger generations won't have a clue on how to survive.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Sourdough Scott said:

It's sad to see everything become centralized. The mom & pop grocery store, the town clothing store, the local bootmaker, your favorite Cafe. Seems everything has gone corporate. The bonds and friendships forged through these connections become lifelong. Now thrown by the wayside by tapping on a computer or talking with a person from who knows where. I understand we all want to make $$$. But at the cost of greed? It seems we could be at a tipping point of society. I long for the days of our elders, when life was simpler, yet harder. I'm glad I'm fortunate to be able to live in old fashioned way and understand the new ways. I'm afraid if the 💩 really hits the fan, and we have a total blackout of no electronics.  The younger generations won't have a clue on how to survive.  

Said every older person for the last couple thousand years. :wink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I like the fact that I can go to one site or two, to find almost any prospecting equipment, and not have to go to several different sites to look for something. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sourdough Scott said:

"The Little Man" Alan Jackson  😄

strick

• Like 2