Coiltek Now Selling From Their Own Website?

Well that explains why Coiltek does not sell to distributors who do not have a retail outlet - they will be offering direct sales themselves. Just did a quick check on the Goldhawk 10 x 5" - Coiltek sell for $579 AUD + $35 AUD flat rate shipping, the local distributor in Adelaide sells for the same price of $579 AUD but has free shipping so i am not too sure how many sales Coiltek will pick up locally in Australia. Maybe not set up for the Australian market.

On 2/11/2023 at 7:17 PM, Rob Allison said:

We are a dying bread, small dealers will all go away at some point in the future.  

P.S.  If you see me selling Lemonade along the roadside, don't laugh! :wub:

Rob

I'll be standing in front of him to sell the cup that he'll be pouring the lemonade.

You are correct Rob in so many ways.  I do know that CT selling their coils will be at Retail not MAP.  Don't know how long that will last, as that's the starting point.  

As Steve H mentioned, the detector manufactures are slowly getting there as well.

Keep your hardhat on buddy as I think we're about ready for a serious ride.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Hey Gerry,

Hope we both can weather the storm.  We both have been long time Minelab & Coiltek supporters, so hopefully they understand a little bit of our frustration.  We haven't given up, we have continued to sell, promote and train anyone interested in these products for many years.  

God Bless,

Rob

• Like 5

It is the age of buying online. Sign of the times. A customer either buys online from a dealer or direct from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer can make a bit more money for themselves by cutting out the middle men then why wouldn't they? Been a tough few years with covid etc, as we all well know, so the bottom line is what really matters for a manufacturer. Tough for you dealers, I know, but money is money for the manufacturers. Looks like they are throwing you under the bus. Times they are a changing.

D4G 

• Like 2