I Suppose I'm Behind The Times - Creating The Best Covers For Detectors

Doc

Doc, all the time and expense that you invest shows through in your line of top quality accessory products that are second to none, and that extra effort is much appreciated; keep up the good work, and welcome to the 21st century!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thats mighty fancy tech there Doc..guessing it's too easy just to send them  detector to work off of when you get one? The cover on my 6k is some good stuff. Thank You.

strick 

Hello Doc, I am not trying to change the topic of discussion here, but I have a question.Are the kneepads that you offer for sale really as good as advertised? I have been through more brands through the years than I can remember and without fail, none of them stay put.I finally got tired of pissing away my hard earned dollars, and settled for tactical style hunting pants with built in pads.Those worked pretty well overall but at 71 years old and still going strong ,I need more protection.Please let me know what your thoughts are and if they are still available thanks so much.

On 2/11/2023 at 7:16 PM, strick said:

Thats mighty fancy tech there Doc..guessing it's too easy just to send them  detector to work off of when you get one? The cover on my 6k is some good stuff. Thank You.

strick 

Dangerous stuff sending detectors overseas.  We have enough companies trying to rip off Minelab and other detectors.  I'm certainly not going to be responsible for allowing someone to be able to take a look inside at the electronics.  Then there is the sheer expense involved and the risk.  Send a $6000 detector to a foreign country and then back again and risk it getting stolen or damaged?  NOPE!  Then there is the Customs duty that the receiving country tries to charge on a metal detector coming into their country.  The U.S. customs trying to charge customs again when it comes back to me.  It's a big hassle.  Better to send plastic molds with a value of $2.  They can look at them and tell they have no commercial value.

So 3D printed molds are the way to go for numerous reasons.

Doc

• Like 2