New Video On The V80

DSMITH

13 hours ago, palzynski said:

Very interesting but what about its audio ? We never hear the detector at least once during this vid ... Or may be it has no audio lol ...  🙂

there is a video that was posted in a earlier thread that you can hear the Audio which in my opinion the V80 has vary pleasant tones

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2023 at 6:02 AM, Ridge Runner said:

I must say it’s very interesting but I’m not sure my pea brain can handle all the info this detector has to offer in settings.

Like a dog it could be all bark but the proof will be when it gets in the field. For what I could see the only setting it don’t have is the one that gives the  date of the coin before you dig it.

Looking forward to seeing more videos on the V 80 .

Chuck 

Just toss it in park 1 lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2023 at 5:19 AM, Digalicious said:

Why Quest Metal detectors isn't popular in America. The Fake the Fraud and The Facts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3tCWMxNT6k

I bet they wished they never did that now, by the looks of it they've well exceeded First Texas, releasing their SMF machine well above and beyond the First Texas line up.  They can obviously do it themselves now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

I bet they wished they never did that now, by the looks of it they've well exceeded First Texas, releasing their SMF machine well above and beyond the First Texas line up.  They can obviously do it themselves now.

And they continuously improve their detectors . Their last flagship was the Q60 , I have tested it 2 years ago , excellent electronics with 3 switchable freqs . Unfortunately the stock coil is a huge 32cmX25 coil , too big and too heavy , as I said in my test :  TEST QUEST Q60 DISQUE 32x25 (metaux-detection.fr)

The new V60/V80 are delivered with a more standard and compact 27cmX25 coil , there is no doubt that it will be appreciated by the users . Lets wait for the field tests now ...

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 6:02 AM, Ridge Runner said:

I must say it’s very interesting but I’m not sure my pea brain can handle all the info this detector has to offer in settings.

The menus aren't all that deep or difficult, understanding some of the settings always takes a while.Menu.thumb.png.a269de0ccfd22bdd415a6f21cadd0a3b.png

It's probably a lot easier than some detectors. Interested in this one. I wonder if you can change all 99 tones 😀 

I think it also has 20 memory slots.

I'm also curious about their MF claim, supposedly it transmits more than 2 frequencies at once.

• Like 4

What we don't know is what the settlement was between FTP and Quest. My guess is Quest pays a royalty to FTP. I have seen this with between Formlabs and 3d Systems. Oddly Formlabs was having their machines made in China and marketing them as a USA made. Clones started to show up in the USA and wouldn't be surprised if this is the same scenario.

I'll sit back and see how they perform when released. Not passing judgement until product is out.

• Like 2

F350Platinum 

I’m not much different than when I was a kid in school if I liked something I excelled in it .This detector is showing me a lot of interest but the proof is in the pudding. In this case it’s in the field under various condition.

That’s what’s next ,

Hope to see lots more videos. I think it was said it would come out in March and that’s just around the corner.

Chuck 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Did I miss what size coils come in the multipack?   I’ll be watching this one once it’s released.  

Screenshot2023-02-01at8_37_edited.jpg.a718c0aa115e7fee62d1ca3576578590.jpgScreenshot2023-01-28at7_18_edited.jpg.06cf0494092706f411d695cd0bdce606.jpg

Hope this helps, NC. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2023 at 6:00 PM, Ridge Runner said:

F350Platinum 

I’m not much different than when I was a kid in school if I liked something I excelled in it .This detector is showing me a lot of interest but the proof is in the pudding. In this case it’s in the field under various condition.

That’s what’s next ,

Hope to see lots more videos. I think it was said it would come out in March and that’s just around the corner.

Chuck 

May have to make a few when I get the V80.

• Like 1