Quest V80 Quick Start Guide

F350Platinum

V80 Manual quick start(2).pdf

Here's the quick start guide for the V80, they don't have the manual up yet but this is available.

Don't know why but I'm interested in this detector. The module appears to be movable on the shaft as well as the cuff. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Don't know why but I'm interested in this detector.

Me too. I really like the control. It gives almost Deus-esque settings control. Of special interest, it even allows user control of transmit power. That is a control I have never had and would really like to try.

I am going to watch this one for this year and buy next year if it comes out well.

25 minutes ago, Geezer said:

I am going to watch this one for this year and buy next year if it comes out well.

That's pretty much how I feel about it, they're claiming an extremely fast processor and more than two frequencies from 7-60 kHz transmitted simultaneously 🤔 or at least they're implying that. It has a lot of interesting features.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

they're claiming an extremely fast processor and more than two frequencies from 7-60 kHz transmitted simultaneously 🤔 or at least they're implying that.

Indeed they come right out and say it.  It also apparently can be done as single freq if I remember right. There is a lot there for the money. It remains to see how it will actually do. That is a lot of control, I hope it works out.

20 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

they're claiming an extremely fast processor and more than two frequencies from 7-60 kHz transmitted simultaneously 🤔 or at least they're implying that.

Actually, on their website, they say 5 10 15 20 40 60 HYPERQ.  HyperQ is the multi frequency which is 7-80 kHz. Presumably what is chosen for that range depends on which search mode the detector is in. I have not yet seen what that amounts to.

12 minutes ago, midalake said:

Another detector with an off-set coil. They can keep it! 

You're always such a ray of sunshine! 🤣 I get it tho.Screenshot_20230213_092225_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.ba1478a0912a9421c8c7dab87384fec6.jpg

It's pretty close to center, not as bad as the Deus. 😀 

My worry is weight. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, midalake said:

My worry is the absolute inability to keep the coil straight in active wave wash. And water forces creating twist/torque. 

I use my deus ll in heavy violent at times surf with no problems so this should be no worse. It does appear not to be submersible though?, wireless phones blue tooth?, so maybe a wader only? 

6 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

My worry is weight. 

V80 11" 1266g , then almost the same as an Equinox 11 , and less than a Legend 11 ( 1490g ) 

Quest |V serious metal detector for the pro (questmetaldetectors.com)

Capture.PNG

• Like 3