X-Terra Pro - Do We Need Another Single Frequency Detector?

14 hours ago, PUHH said:

I think board equinox 700/900, x-terra pro and Manticore same. Different only lcd part and firmware

And the prices!

The Terra is a bargain if its as good as I have seen on videos.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2023 at 6:45 PM, TedinVT said:

The dealer I spoke with today told me Minelab doesn't apply the veterans' discount to their low priced detectors like the X-Terra and Go Find models. He said there's so little profit in those machines that dealers would take a hit. So, that's what I can share. There may be large dealers that may offer the discount anyway so I'd recommend asking.

Tried six dealers.  All declined to offer the military discount. Bass Pro Shops / Cabelas does offer 5% military and have them in stock with free shipping. 

• Like 1

I went to my local dealer and they have 1 . But its a demo only. I wanted to buy it but they would not part with it. As its a demo i will get it cheaper later lol. I want 2 of them. 

Tomorrow there is a nice little roughy coming and i am out with my Terra for its first hunt. I will be using it with the "New" Nox 800 coil. Got this one in exchange for the faulty one i took back that would not work with the Terra at all and the 900 in both beach modes.

Is there any part of the 800 that works without a poor track record!!

• 3 weeks later...

Going back to the question do we need another single frequency detector, after a short time of use I would say after only a few minutes of using it, yes, I needed one.  

My first unit had a glitch with coils, but quick Minelab service replaced it and new unit works fine. 

I have quite a bit I would like to say from my short amount of time using it, but my Manticore showed up and totally distracted me. 😊

I will come back as soon as I get some more time with it, so I can give more detail.  I can say on the same coins I buried that the Nox and Manticore couldn't quite get, the X-pro gave a similar poor signal.  (it was the first time swinging the Manticore so maybe not fair, I hope)

8 minutes ago, StarVatrex said:

...second gold ring!

Proofs right there, we did need another Single frequency detector, at least it has multiple frequency choices, a pure single frequency detector it's more debatable if we need that.  Great work on the gold rings, must have paid for itself by now with it's good value for money pricing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1