X-Terra Pro - Do We Need Another Single Frequency Detector?

already put because they do not release a 5000+ or a 5000 pro call it what you want put it in a lighter casing and put a competitive price on it, there would be no one complaining about that attitude, on the contrary sales would surely rise

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dsb said:

In the YT Steve posted i heard the guy say 600 GBP, don't think it's for sure though.   $729.36 wow.   Think they need to reevaluate the market🙂.   

And on this site:

https://treasurehuntingworld.com/2023/02/10/minelab-x-terra-pro-its-official/

They state the following: 

We don’t have any details on pricing for the EU/USA but the price in China is 5200 Yuan which equates approx to £630/$760. 

So yeah, not really competitive.  We'll see what ML says at the IWA in Germany in March.

• Like 3

Detectors are possibly abnormally expensive in China, I was looking in Hong Kong and an Equinox 600 ends up being $964 USD, it was 7572 Hong Kong Dollars.

Which makes the X-Terra significantly cheaper than the Nox 600.

All 3 Chinese dealer/distributor websites off the Minelab site do not work, I even tried them using a Hong Kong VPN incase they were blocked outside of China.

Chinaminelabdealers.jpg.1e21cce7e03deebe3d9155103b5b1241.jpg

I don't have a Chinese VPN but you would assume Hong Kong would work.

Also, India is a bit more accessible and an Equinox 600 in India is ₹68,000, which ends up being $819 USD.

Prices around the world for Minelab don't go dollar for dollar based upon currency exchange, they vary greatly between countries.   I wouldn't guess US pricing based off Chinese pricing, I'm sure it will be a lot cheaper in the US than the people of China are paying.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, phrunt said:

They're just flooding the market with models, I honestly thought they'd discontinue the 600 and 800 when the 700 and 900 came out,  they should as we all know they're riddled with issues yet they still exist, are they just keeping them until stock sells out? perhaps.  The crazy bit about the 600/800 and 700/900 is they charge a premium to buy the 700 and 900 over the older model, when the bulk of its updates are just fixing faults with the earlier models.  They should have been Nox 600/800 pricing and the earlier models discounted to sell and discontinued I think.

The X-Terra seems to have no slot it fits in, especially with the 600 still on the market, I personally would rather a Vanquish 540 than the X-Terra that's purely because the Vanquish is awesome in my soil, I found myself using it as much if not more than my Nox 800 for coins, it just worked well.  It felt more resistant to EMI than the Nox (possibly the elliptical coils) and often held better target ID's, perhaps due to being better with EMI.    You would have to drag me kicking and screaming to trade my Vanquish for an X-Terra Pro, not interested in single frequencies, rarely use them on my Nox, worst case in heavy EMI areas they've been used but other than that never would I choose to use them.

A Vanquish in an X-terra body would be great, I'd buy it if they didn't decide that it would have a big price increase because of that, I won't be buying an X-Terra that's for sure.  It's a shame they put the Vanquish in an Ace style box, it was very dated even when it came out, the guts are far too good for the body.  The shaft is good though, prefer it over the stock Nox 800 shaft that's for sure.

Sales have been under performing at Minelab for some time now, maybe they think flooding the market with new models might drive up sales as that's generally what new models of anything do, the problem is they can't even make minimal numbers of Manticores to sell, so why release more detectors when you can't even supply the basics. 

Now the question is who will be the target customer of X-Terry pro... and there is still the question of price-performance...

That's where I was expecting it to be priced, around that area.  We will wait and see, if it is their answer to the Simplex competition is alive and well. 

• Like 2

In a few months everything might be "readjusted" .  Minelab is making a big move lately and i can see why with the deus 2 and nokta biting their tail.  Plus Garrett in the gold/PI arena. Should be a buyers market for those able to buy.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mike_Hillis said:

This is an interesting development.    I guess single frequency isn't dead after all .    So all of us who kept our single frequency and selectable single frequency detectors are not so behind the curve after all.   Thank you Minelab for validating us.

HA!
Mike

Mike, I agree completely!!

Monte, a SF fan.