X-Terra Pro - Do We Need Another Single Frequency Detector?

I am surprised Minelab brought out another single freq machine and the price surprised me more. So i bought one a few days ago.

I have set mine up for my beaches and will use it late next week when off work. I also put my Terra control box and coil onto a Teleknox stem. With a bit of electrical tape wrapped around the shaft to keep the handle sturdy when the screws are done up.

I think the machine itself is quite good at first look and it will be used mainly on short tides and dry beaches where the EMI is worst. My 900 and till sold the 800 will be used on the wet along with my Legend. 

The Terra Pro being able to use all the Nox coils makes it quite versatile too. 

Minelab brought this machine out for only 1 reason i think. All out war on Nokta! Thats all. But thats not important to me, i wanted a new Terra a long time ago. 

• Like 3

On 3/24/2023 at 7:49 AM, TedinVT said:

And if dealers give the 15% Minelab veterans' discount on low priced machines, it's now a $229 steal😎

If you want to use the Bluetooth wireless audio, good luck. The compatible ML85s (not for sale yet) will cost a minimum of $140 US (current ML80 price). Otherwise a third party system like Garrett's EZ Lynk and some others will be okay for land hunting until third party Bluetooth LE headphones and earbuds are proven to work with Minelab's proprietary BT LE wireless system (or not!!!).

8 hours ago, Nuke em said:

Minelab brought this machine out for only 1 reason i think. All out war on Nokta! Thats all. But thats not important to me, i wanted a new Terra a long time ago. 

The waterproof, selectable single frequency, wireless capable, lightweight, collapsible shaft X-Terra Pro is not just a competitor for Nokta. It also makes the Garrett Ace and AT series, most First Texas Products VLFs, Deus 1, ORX and Minelab's own Go Find series look either over priced or downright silly.

• Like 5

X-Terra Pro price info update…

$269, but no veteran's discount on this and Go Find detectors due to low price. 😢. Still worth it at that price IMHO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The waterproof, selectable single frequency, wireless capable, lightweight, collapsible shaft X-Terra Pro is not just a competitor for Nokta. It also makes the Garrett Ace and AT series, most First Texas Products, VLFs, Deus 1, ORX and Minelab's own Go Find series look either over priced or downright silly.

It will be interesting what happens with pricing across the board now, either a significant shift in pricing or just only sell detectors to those with absolutely no knowledge of what they're buying but even then the stores if repeatable should point the customers in the right direction.    That's why it's wise for people to buy from places that sell more than one brand though, never did like the idea of a dealers that only sell one brand for that very reason, they're not going to tell you to buy a detector they don't sell.

Nokta has done wonderful things to the metal detector market well above and beyond them releasing great detectors, and now the X-terra has come into play the battle is on and we the buyers of detectors are the real winners. 🙂

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TedinVT said:

X-Terra Pro price info update…

$269, but no veteran's discount on this and Go Find detectors due to low price. 😢. Still worth it at that price IMHO.

Is the discount dependent on individual dealers or has Minelab set a blanket policy of no Veterans discount on the Xterra Pro?

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

Is the discount dependent on individual dealers or has Minelab set a blanket policy of no Veterans discount on the Xterra Pro?

The dealer I spoke with today told me Minelab doesn't apply the veterans' discount to their low priced detectors like the X-Terra and Go Find models. He said there's so little profit in those machines that dealers would take a hit. So, that's what I can share. There may be large dealers that may offer the discount anyway so I'd recommend asking.

7 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

If you want to use the Bluetooth wireless audio, good luck. The compatible ML85s (not for sale yet) will cost a minimum of $140 US (current ML80 price). Otherwise a third party system like Garrett's EZ Lynk and some others will be okay for land hunting until third party Bluetooth LE headphones and earbuds are proven to work with Minelab's proprietary BT LE wireless system (or not!!!).

The waterproof, selectable single frequency, wireless capable, lightweight, collapsible shaft X-Terra Pro is not just a competitor for Nokta. It also makes the Garrett Ace and AT series, most First Texas Products VLFs, Deus 1, ORX and Minelab's own Go Find series look either over priced or downright silly.

Forgot about the Garrett machines. They will be the next to go South if they dont do a bit of catch up soon.

The Terra Pro is a serious machine for the price.

• Like 1

Case: low budget all-purpose metal detector,

Since you have 5 frequencies that work simultaneously (vanquish 540), why would someone get a metal detector with 3 selectable frequencies (X-Terra Pro)?

In my opinion, Minelab wants to beat the competition (single frequency detectors, Simplex, Ace etc.) but a user since he follows the evolution of technology (simultaneous multi-frequency) will choose a Vanquish 540 as a cheap all-purpose metal detector. What do you think?

Waterproof? X-Terra... Vanquish, be careful in the rain, although you have some cloth type cover thing which I have somehow lost.  

Ground balance - X-Terra, difficult ground people have often complained about the Vanquish, not me personally but others have.

There is always enough differences in every Minelab model to make the other viable, they make sure of that even if it is just based upon coil availability.

• Like 4