Best Prospecting Season In Laverton?

Mid Winter is ideal, normally June-August. But Ive been there from April until late October, all depends on your ability to handle the heat. I hate anything over 30C when you're out all day. But, night detecting or morning until midday works well too. In Winter, rain is the biggest issue...if it dumps more than 10mm in a day, you're stuck for at least a week. All roads become impassable.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Mid Winter is ideal, normally June-August. But Ive been there from April until late October, all depends on your ability to handle the heat. I hate anything over 30C when you're out all day. But, night detecting or morning until midday works well too. In Winter, rain is the biggest issue...if it dumps more than 10mm in a day, you're stuck for at least a week. All roads become impassable.

Hey thanks Aureous. I thought winter there is dry and less rain than summer? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

Hey thanks Aureous. I thought winter there is dry and less rain than summer? 

Overall, very low rainfall BUT, if it does, you're stuck.....so take a heap of emergency food n water to last 2 weeks at all times. Been there, done that.....

I have had 10 trips to Leonora, which is close by. May to August would be my range of best time. When the rain hit most unsealed roads are closed, but you can get to some places on the sealed road and still find gold.  ...... Note no red dust on 4WD  a free car wash from the Gods ......

image.thumb.jpeg.1f59ef3c576f728acaf88861ed6eb598.jpeg Picture101.thumb.jpg.5eef5716261feb64547aff2841b7fea9.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

do u have phone coverage there? I dont. 

Been quite a few years since I've been there... phone service was poor except near the major mines or on high hills. If comms are a worry, get a Zoleo sat communicator to link to your phone.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Been quite a few years since I've been there... phone service was poor except near the major mines or on high hills. If comms are a worry, get a Zoleo sat communicator to link to your phone.

thanks mate only to know now...check google and many good reviews. does it support my data connection onto the internet?

• The title was changed to Best Prospecting Season In Laverton?