Best Prospecting Season In Laverton?

It runs direct via bluetooth and the Zoleo app on your own phone. The data you use is via Zoleo and a monthly subscription which you can turn off/on when you need it so you only pay for what you use. Uses the Iridium satellite network. Can text and email anywhere.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, geof_junk said:

I have had 10 trips to Leonora, which is close by. May to August would be my range of best time. When the rain hit most unsealed roads are closed, but you can get to some places on the sealed road and still find gold.  ...... Note no red dust on 4WD  a free car wash from the Gods ......

image.thumb.jpeg.1f59ef3c576f728acaf88861ed6eb598.jpeg Picture101.thumb.jpg.5eef5716261feb64547aff2841b7fea9.jpg

Geof, I bet around those sealed road you must have section 40e as well to be able to prospect?

2 hours ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

Geof, I bet around those sealed road you must have section 40e as well to be able to prospect?

Use Tengraph to find pending ground and select nearby exploration licenses to apply for a 40e permit. That way you've got a very large area to prospect and dont need to move around as much. Finding spots that have nearby bitumen roads will be a harder task but not impossible. Just takes more time to find em....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Aureous said:

get a Zoleo sat communicator to link to your phone

This sat communicator works really well…it's cheaper than a Garmin and it works better.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2023 at 8:17 AM, Aureous said:

Use Tengraph to find pending ground and select nearby exploration licenses to apply for a 40e permit. That way you've got a very large area to prospect and dont need to move around as much. Finding spots that have nearby bitumen roads will be a harder task but not impossible. Just takes more time to find em....

Aureos, thank you.

Last time we trio went to Laverton without buying section 40e, as we thought pending areas were enough for us and we were wrong. None of those blue areas were looking good. So this time definitely need to buy 40e.

Also someone said you can buy lease? And also someone said buy lease in pubs. Do you know any more info about that?

Buying a lease is a long term investment and you seriously gotta know what you're doing. Some unscrupulous people will sell leases with short expiry times or worked out ground, often without any equipment. Leave that sh*t alone unless you've been 'in the game' for many years.  Stick to 40E's and pending ground and be prepared to travel to outer areas to gain access to better ground.

4 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Buying a lease is a long term investment and you seriously gotta know what you're doing. Some unscrupulous people will sell leases with short expiry times or worked out ground, often without any equipment. Leave that sh*t alone unless you've been 'in the game' for many years.  Stick to 40E's and pending ground and be prepared to travel to outer areas to gain access to better ground.

Aureous, definitely not, I am only a holiday 'prospector' who seek some yellow for fun.  But wont hurt to get more info to know whats happening... I heard the lease u buy from pub is based on daily etc,,, say each day 10 bucks....

Also when you mention outer areas....any chance you could explain a bit further? I am very green in this area.

Kind regards,
Ethan

1 minute ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

Aureous, definitely not, I am only a holiday 'prospector' who seek some yellow for fun.  But wont hurt to get more info to know whats happening... I heard the lease u buy from pub is based on daily etc,,, say each day 10 bucks....

Also when you mention outer areas....any chance you could explain a bit further? I am very green in this area.

Kind regards,
Ethan

Ah, you're talking about access to leases, not the lease itself. St Barbara Mines in Leonora allows access by signing a waiver....that gives you big areas around that town. Some other company's may do similar around Laverton. Talk to Tony N Lisa at Goldtalk Leonora, they'll put you in the right direction. Cheaper than getting drunk in a pub and hearing lotsa sh*t from idiots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Ah, you're talking about access to leases, not the lease itself. St Barbara Mines in Leonora allows access by signing a waiver....that gives you big areas around that town. Some other company's may do similar around Laverton. Talk to Tony N Lisa at Goldtalk Leonora, they'll put you in the right direction. Cheaper than getting drunk in a pub and hearing lotsa sh*t from idiots.

Aha you are Champion.. I will email Barbara and ask. so by signing a waiver is basially like a secion 40e, isnt it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

so by signing a waiver is basially like a secion 40e, isnt it?

Its a legal waiver against personal liability. If you injure yourself, the company isn't liable. The form also identifies you, your vehicle etc 

• The title was changed to Best Prospecting Season In Laverton?