Social Psychology Of A Small Coil

When dealing with people you may have to use psychology to hunt on their property. What you may not be thinking about is that coil you have on your detector has a attitude. The person your confronting is looking at that big coil and they know nothing about detectors are detecting..That person you see don't even see you.All they can see and thinking about is that big coil and at the same time thinking is everything is going to be big too. You and I know better but all they see is big hole and deep hole.

Now this is where the Social Psychology of a small coil comes into play. That property owner first look is at that small coil  thinking he's not going to harm to my yard with that little thing. It don't come to him that the one behind that detector could do more harm than detector ever could.

Let some time go by and as you get to know the property owner better then bring out the big coil. Be sure to always explain the hole you dig won't be over a half dollar in size if can. Leave that yard with a look like you haven't been there.

Don't get me wrong I like a big coil and on open ground say beach hunting I wouldn't leave home without it. The thing is a small coil looks friendly without that attitude you don't need.

Swing low and slow!

Chuck 

• Like 7

cabellafella

You made a good point of having that extra detector. My trouble when I started detecting I couldn't afford another one. In 66 I think I had to pay about 160.00 for A White's BFO. Before that I made one from a kit. It worked but not to the point I'd say great. I did find coins with it. That BFO was like stepping into new world. I was like Buck Rogers with it.haha

swing low and slow

Chuck.

Kinda a Freudian thing eh?  Unfortunately its kinda true as well.  Scary thing to swing a big thing however if its small.... well it must be kinda impotent.  Guess its all in how you use it.  Kinda like a big pick verse's a small p*ick.... how deep you gonna dig that hole?  Sorry Steve edit as required but its so damn funny in its truths when dealing with persons of interest!!!! Bwhahahahaha

• Like 3

I'll take the 5th on this subject. :unsure:

At one time I could get access to about any place I wanted to detect but that was the time people left their doors unlock. Just maybe some of you can remember that. Now you get the Third degree from that lady that lives alone. With so many getting rape kill and anything beyond one can think of. People take a stand it's best for them if they just don't let you on their property and it's out of fear of what may happen is the why.

Chuck

Goldbug2 6 inch concentric little foot is all I carry on my bug. I'm liking makros GR with the round 5" dd. I find the small and the big nugs with the small coil. Cleaning house. Nothing left. Live for baby coils. Nothing runs smoother. Better. In northern california iron laiden gold fields. in my opinion. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2016 at 7:02 PM, Ridge Runner said:

cabellafella

You made a good point of having that extra detector. My trouble when I started detecting I couldn't afford another one. In 66 I think I had to pay about 160.00 for A White's BFO. Before that I made one from a kit. It worked but not to the point I'd say great. I did find coins with it. That BFO was like stepping into new world. I was like Buck Rogers with it.haha

swing low and slow

Chuck.

I too started out witha Whites BFO Gold Master and it left a lot to be desired when compared to my buddies fisher T 10. KMVs. Little monster was just as good as the Gold Maaster, IMO.