Social Psychology Of A Small Coil

Chuck- I hear what your saying... and let me take it a step further....what ever you do don't wear camo when asking for permission...as it appears too threatening. I prefer light pastel colors initially...like these...

d8a55e6f62cfe51d5b800a03107a1cba.jpg

then I'll darken it up a bit on subsequent visits..:biggrin:

strick

On 6/8/2016 at 1:46 PM, Ridge Runner said:

that was the time people left their doors unlock.

I remember those days Chuck.  Something went wrong somewhere but in most places those days are long gone.  

It helps a lot if you know them and they know you but some are just very picky with their yards.  I think you are on to something though and you have to help them make an excuse to let you carefully dig things up.  I'm like you and think if you do get in, be extra, extra careful that first time and if you can get them involved somehow couldn't hurt either. If you give them something from what you find might help also to earn you a return entry as well.   

Terry

You and strick are oh so right in so many ways. One way you know it's time to go home when they say I have a friend is going to hunt it.

I had a friend hunting this place and the old guy was watching him. Each time he dug up a coin the guy would say let me see that. Then he'd say I must have lost that. The trouble was that each time that coin went into his pocket. After the third coin and the coin was going in the guys pocket my friend just said he had to go.. Like he told me he didn't go back.

Chuck

A while back a really nice old guy showed me were an old house used to be on his 400 acre ranch. There was nothing there to indicate an old home site except the grunt of iron sounds with the detector. He was watching me detect and I the first target I dug was an old gold plated ring. I handed it too him and said here it's yours...after all it was his property and he showed me were to go. He put it on his finger and and I went back to detecting....I was only there for about fifteen minutes and dug what appeared to be a large button. I threw it in my pouch. He wanted to show me another spot so when I got back in the Polaris he handed the ring back me and said " I don't want it I never knew it was there to begin with."

I went back a week or so later and found two more buttons in the same spot. I cleaned everything up and brought it all to him. I really wanted the buttons because they were the first I had ever dug. When I saw how he was looking at the buttons and ring all in a zip lock bag I knew I'd never see them again. I also made him a frame with the other stuff I found.  I had nothing to show for my efforts except the memory...but heck I can go back any time I want and they say there's another old home site they want to show me. :biggrin:

strick

20160305_083957 (Medium).jpg

• Like 2