The Axiom It's So Quiet!

peterinaust

What's happened? the talk on the Axiom I mean, it's gone quiet on here and in oz. I know it's off season but there must be a few out there now. I have had a little play with one and like it. And about to buy.

But I suppose if the Axiom was giving any trouble it would soon be out there, wouldn't it?

Cheers all.

They have to bust into the Australian market that Minelab has a strong foothold, not an easy task so I'm guessing uptake will be slow, not to mention far too hot in most of Australia to be detecting at the moment.  The US people are more than likely going to be giving the early feedback on it, but I don't believe much detecting is done this time of year there with the cold weather, ice and snow.

It seems Aussies are out the most in winter, Americans out the most in summer 🙂

I too look forward to hearing more end user reviews on Axioms, I'll likely be trying one out soon myself.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, peterinaust said:

What's happened? the talk on the Axiom I mean, it's gone quiet on here and in oz. I know it's off season but there must be a few out there now. I have had a little play with one and like it. And about to buy.

But I suppose if the Axiom was giving any trouble it would soon be out there, wouldn't it?

Cheers all.

You got that right.Myself,I would like to hear more about how the relic hunters are doing with it.Their has been a handful of videos out there but no real focus or discussion about it.I nave been thinking seriously about getting one, as my last and one and only PI machine that I picked up forty years ago {GARRETT SEA HUNTER} is plumb wore Out and frankly never was all that impressive in the first place IMHO.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, peterinaust said:

Thanks fella's, I think I've just got cabin fever.

50 minutes ago, peterinaust said:

Thanks fella's, I think I've just got cabin fever.

No worries, peterinnaust.We all do this time of the year.

11 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

No worries, peterinnaust.We all do this time of the year.

By the way, if you think that the Axiom forum is quiet, check out the Deus 2 forum.All that we have to discuss over there is black antenna wires and pre programs? Cmon xp get off your dead behinds and give us something.Hell a new ball cap or polo shirt would be better than nothing!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not Axiom related but.....

37 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

In general it seems there is more and more talk about detectors on the forum, and less and less talk about their actual use. Tons of opinions. Videos are test fests with boards and styrofoam or this versus that on planted targets.

This tendency you mentioned is annoying to say the least. People spouting opinions about detectors they have never used or owned and never will while appearing to be experts is amazing. 

Then again, I don't type a letter of text unless it is something I have experienced which for some is definitely not exciting, controversial or eye catching. I guess gratification comes in many different forms.

• Like 5

This reminds me so much of off seasons in professional sports.  For example, when football ends, all we get is a bunch of opinion driven b.s. from talking heads who are filling air time.

Same thing with detecting.  Like you guys, I concur that the speculation and opinion blathering is worthless nonsense.  But it will never go away I'm afraid.  The Pandora's Box of unlimited media access has been opened and its effect will be all around us forever.

What I have noticed is the disappearance of the posting of hunt results from detectorists.  Not these mind numbing thirty minute videos of coils swinging over grass or sand but just simple pictures of cool stuff found.  Years ago on the Findmall forum there was a guy named Mike Moutray who was a master of the Minelab Explorer.  He would post his finds via pictures and a written description and they were really fun to follow.  No discussions of settings or testing or anything.  Just hunting.  I still believe that those posts have value.  I just don't know if the world we live in now feels the same way.

• Like 6

Well you know what Bill, I think that is a worthy challenge. I think I'll just go detecting, and post finds, and call it good. Stay away from "look what this detector found" and focus more on "look what I found". I mean really, is it the detector finding the stuff, or me? You'd swear we are all mindless tools used by the detector to read most posts, not the other way around. :smile:

• Like 6