Mc Battery, Short Life... Solutions?

steveg

On 2/21/2023 at 4:48 AM, Hunterjunk said:

Gday Steve , you were right , HC mode chews power and there is nothing wrong with your battery . On Saturday I managed 7:45 run time , and some of that was in the red zone on the battery indicator . I turned the detector off before it shut it's self down . That run time consisted of HC mode and nearly 2 hours of Prospecting mode , all without headphones . At the end of the day I dumped my 4000 Ma power bank into the Manti which topped up the battery to just over one third capacity .  Used the Nox on Sunday !

Monday I hunted 7:15 hours in HC mode and stopped when the battery indicator hit red . Used headphones .

Today using headphones I ran 6:00 hours in HC mode , and 1:00 hour in Trash Reject . Indicator was still green , but only just !

Tomorrow I am off to buy a 10,000 Ma power pack .

THANKS for the confirmation, Hunterjunk.  I'm glad to know that it's not my battery that's the issue, just the nature of the "Beast" (no pun intended!)

Steve

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2023 at 3:31 PM, basstrackerman said:

Here are a few screenshots for the foldable pod setup. I completely understand not wanting 3D printed part says they don't seem to last as long. I'm not sure about that rubber seal inside the pod that seals the water out from the battery compartment it may or may not last repeated battery replacements. But it's another idea if anybody is willing to try it

Screenshot_20230218_122003_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230218_122025_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230218_121914_Facebook.jpg

This is wrong in my opinion. New Equinox and Mcore have a new sealing system, which is fully waterproof when the pod is mounted on its own shaft. The battery cap is a bit carved, so the shaft (once the pod is mounted) keeps this cap well sealed.

With this tool you have an empty space between the cap and the shaft...

23 hours ago, sandboy said:

This is wrong in my opinion. New Equinox and Mcore have a new sealing system, which is fully waterproof when the pod is mounted on its own shaft. The battery cap is a bit carved, so the shaft (once the pod is mounted) keeps this cap well sealed.

With this tool you have an empty space between the cap and the shaft...

I was mainly talking about the idea of a folding mount since these are 3D printed all you'd have to do is print out a filler piece to make up that little gap in there or just fill the whole top mount in so it's a permanent piece. So it would be an easy fix