Question On Coils For The Garrett 24K

DSMITH

Back when I started using the AT PRO back in 2009 Garrett recommended doing a factory reset when you changed to a different coil on the ATP 

my question on the Garrett 24K is this also the recommendation when changing to a different coil, or is performing a factory reset UN necessary on the 24K when changing to one of the different coils still learning the 24K and liking it a lot

• Like 2

ok think I have found the answer on Garrets web site, what I read does not specifically talk about the Garrett 24K but I watched a video where they stated all Garrett detectors you perform a factory reset when changing to a different coil so I am thinking the 24K would be the same

• Like 1

Actually I’d say it’s not a bad habit to get into for all metal detectors, and as a rule I personally always do a factory reset with any detector I own after a coil change. Then I never need to wonder if I should do it or not. I just do it out of habit. So me, yes, I factory reset after a coil swap, only possible exception being the Deus and it’s wireless coils.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Actually I’d say it’s not a bad habit to get into for all metal detectors, and as a rule I personally always do a factory reset with any detector I own after a coil change. Then I never need to wonder if I should do it or not. I just do it out of habit. So me, yes, I factory reset after a coil swap, only possible exception being the Deus and it’s wireless coils.

Thanks Mr H for the response, I have always done a factory rest when changing coils on all my detectors until I got my legend,the Legend did not have a way to factory reset until one of the updates was released to us and then the ability to factory rest was added, I never could figure out why Nokta/Macro did not put a way into the Legend at first allowing the Legend to be factory reset it just never made sense to me

• Like 1

I bought skid plates for my 24k from Serious Detecting in USA off their website, perhaps they were off Ebay actually but still from Serious Detecting using Ebays Global shipping program, can't remember what I paid but I'm sure it was far too much, not for the skid plates, but that crazy shipping fee from USA is a killer.  I've bought a plane ticket to fly myself to Australia for cheaper than I've paid to bring a small box from the USA to New Zealand.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

Doing a factory reset on all machines could be a pain when it comes to machines that many of us tediously tweak the settings for the various modes. You would think with the usb port on the new machines the factories would be kind enough to let us backup our custom settings to a usb drive, computer or even a phone. Pretty sure I emailed Nokta ages ago about that as a suggestion on the Kruzers but it never went any wheres.

ATP it's a must to get best performance for the coil. The Kruzer I have never noticed any differences from changing coils.

• Like 2