Speaker Issue

strick

I noticed it yesterday when I first turned on the machine at a site...I think it's been going on for a while. Speaker is cutting in and out. In other words it just sometimes blanks out. I tested it again this morning playing around at home and I believe I do have an issue with the speaker. I have been using the headphones exclusively and there is no problem there. I have not submerged the machine that I can remember just given it a few baths. Hate to send it in already as it's working as it should otherwise. I'm going to call the repair facility this week and see what the fix would be. Just a heads up. 

strick 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Oh my! 6

I hope you're a one off strick, sad it's happened but hope it's not a plague of faulty speakers coming, I only use the speaker.

I think the biggest issue maybe getting stock for warranty when they can't even supply enough to sell.

Maybe they bought the speakers off Nokta's old Legend speaker supplier 🙂

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

The same issue as with The Legend... overpowered?

On 2/18/2023 at 10:45 PM, strick said:

I noticed it yesterday when I first turned on the machine at a site...I think it's been going on for a while. Speaker is cutting in and out. In other words it just sometimes blanks out. I tested it again this morning playing around at home and I believe I do have an issue with the speaker. I have been using the headphones exclusively and there is no problem there. I have not submerged the machine that I can remember just given it a few baths. Hate to send it in already as it's working as it should otherwise. I'm going to call the repair facility this week and see what the fix would be. Just a heads up. 

strick 

Long shot: I noticed on iffy signals Manticore battery replacement tutorial video that the one needs to insert the battery until the speaker audibly pops from the internal cavity pressure upon battery reinstallation.  Perhaps there is a pressure equalization issue in play rather than an electrical or speaker diaphragm issue.  Battery removal and reinsertion is comparatively easy on Manticore and Nox 700/900 than it was on the original Nox.  It also does not void the warranty. Perhaps a simple battery removal and reinstall to equalize internal pressure will help.  It could save the hassle of shipping it back for repair/replacement. 

Just a thought.

Here's a link to iffy's video:

• Like 3

I bet they wish their speakers were like the Quest X80 with the removable speaker module.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Long shot: I noticed on iffy signals Manticore battery replacement tutorial video that the one needs to insert the battery until the speaker audibly pops from the internal cavity pressure upon battery reinstallation.  Perhaps there is a pressure equalization issue in play rather than an electrical or speaker diaphragm issue.  Battery removal and reinsertion is comparatively easy on Manticore and Nox 700/900 than it was on the original Nox.  It also does not void the warranty. Perhaps a simple battery removal and reinstall to equalize internal pressure will help.  It could save the hassle of shipping it back for repair/replacement. 

Just a thought.

Thanks Chase I will give that a try this weekend and see if it works...Watched the video a week or so ago half asleep and missed that part. 

strick 

• Like 1

Ok guys...

I had my speaker muffled during 5 days. I have experience with equinox, i know that is a matter of pressure when you stay in the water. So i picked it up for a ride on the beach, in a sunny day. When i got back to home, i´ve heard a "pop" sound coming from the Manticore. i switched it on and the sound finally came back!

But at night, it turned muffled again...alone. Today i submerged the unit and the sound came back again.

I´ve contacted ML responsable for Brazil and he told me that is not normal. They will send another unit for me next week, and mine will go directly to Australia to be analyzed. That`s it.

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, sandboy said:

Ok guys...new unit, same problems. how could it possible? I´ve not seen others topic like this on the net

Sorry, I can't give input because I only use the headphones. Never tried detecting with the speaker on. 😮