Help! White's 6000/di Professional Need Meter Cover - Questions!

Kctrading

I purchased this from an online app for $110 shipped. The meter's clear plastic cover got damaged so it needs to be replaced. Other than that the meter the detector works perfectly.  The guy I got it from did purchased insurance on it... so we'll see where that goes over time.  Does anyone have a good used cover or know who might have one?  Worse case I could reseal it with some crystal clear hot glue.

Also he included a 11" White's relic coil any info on that?  Can it be used for deeper coins? Dirt/Beach?

I used to own a 6000/Di in the 80's  What's the benefits of the Pro unit?

I do have a comfort-Tech shoulder strap sling I plan on using on this one.

Batteries 4xC cells.  Worth going with rechargeable or Lipo conversion?

Detector stand? Diy or?  So the meter doesn't get wacked! 🙂

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

20230218_181842.jpg

20230218_181829.jpg

Screenshot_20230218-200800_Messages.jpg

It might be a big ask being such an old detector but this place maybe able to help you.

https://www.centrevilleelectronics.net/

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Help! White's 6000/di Professional Need Meter Cover - Questions!
  • 4 weeks later...

Kctrading, if Centerville Electronics doesn't have the parts, then you can look out for broken not working  detector and salvage what you need. You may also search on e***. Or other sites that have rhe detector such as yours.  Good luck!

TC-AZ

This may be a silly question, but here goes:  Do you still have the broken piece(s) from the edge of the meter cover?  If so, with very careful work, it may be possible, using plastic model cement, to glue the pieces together and then attach them to the original meter case.  Just a little food for thought.  Best wishes with your repair/replacement.

• 2 months later...