Knob For White's Tdi Beach Hunter

alexreunion

Hi, my name is Alexander for reunion island. I am using a white's tdi beach hunter for a few weeks already. Very like it, my island is very mineralized, volcanic island and the tdi is working fine on it. 

This morning when I was diving with it about 2 meters deep, the sound change and it start to decrease. A few minutes later, I had no sound anymore, except a small creepy sound. 

I had to get out of water, 💦 and after a few minutes it start working again but when I am touching the volume know It's wet hands, the sounds change. Each time I touch it even lightly, just by contact, the sound change. 

It seems to me. That the potentiometer knob is dead. 

Is anyone of you can help me and tell me where I can find this can of potentiometer with his seal ? 

I do have the picture for it. 

Thanks to all of you for your kindness ❤️😊.

I am very sorry for my English, I am a french speaker, English is not my best. 

IMG_20230219_194510.jpg

IMG_20230219_194400.jpg

I’d say take a look inside just maybe a bad connection . That would be my first option and the other is replace it. That’s the trouble we get into when the company has gone out of business.

Don’t be apologizing here because you ain’t heard nothing yet until you hear a Texan talk.

The Best!

Chuck 

• Haha 2

Just a suggestion:  Have you tried any of the contacts listed in "Where To Get White’s Electronics Service In The U.S. & Canada" thread in the Whites Electronics section of this forum?  They may be able to guide you to a solution to your problem.  Welcome aboard and best wishes with your repair and hunting.

Welcome to the forum. The TDIBH is my favorite beach detector. I have never used it diving but have dunked it quite a bit when working in the surf. I and (apparently) a few others have had a problem with condensation in the control box and my TDI stopped working. I sent my detector to Centreville Electronics and am awaiting word from them to see if they can repair it. Good luck!

8 hours ago, Cascade Steven said:

Just a suggestion:  Have you tried any of the contacts listed in "Where To Get White’s Electronics Service In The U.S. & Canada" thread in the Whites Electronics section of this forum?  They may be able to guide you to a solution to your problem.  Welcome aboard and best wishes with your repair and hunting.

Ok. that may be the solution. 

I will try to contact them. Let you know as soon as I get any answer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Compass said:

Welcome to the forum. The TDIBH is my favorite beach detector. I have never used it diving but have dunked it quite a bit when working in the surf. I and (apparently) a few others have had a problem with condensation in the control box and my TDI stopped working. I sent my detector to Centreville Electronics and am awaiting word from them to see if they can repair it. Good luck!

Hi, when I opened my box it was completely dry, any trace of water inside. 

On mine, they have put a small bag like this to absorb humidity.

il_570xN.1122388088_8eh7.jpg

Now you have the excuse your detector can’t be fixed so I believe you deserve a new one. Why not try Garrett Axiom. If you’re married and she says that’s too much money just say honey you’re right I go buy a bass boat.

I’ll tell you now Rest In Peace!

Chuck 

13 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Now you have the excuse your detector can’t be fixed so I believe you deserve a new one. Why not try Garrett Axiom. If you’re married and she says that’s too much money just say honey you’re right I go buy a bass boat.

I’ll tell you now Rest In Peace!

Chuck 

Sure, I deserve it. 

• Haha 1

Send GEOTECH Carl Moreland a pm or maybe George Kinsey  one also.

• Like 1