New And Not New

TJ Jeepguy

Hello all.  I was formerly here as Dug, but had to sign off for a bit. Back now and ready to re-enter the conversations.  I’ve been keeping up on things here and you guys/gals are still the same knowledgeable and kind folks I remember. Looking forward to future conversations (mainly on the deus 2😀). 

• Like 2

Welcome back! I'm a Deus 2 user, have both the RC setup with the 13" coil on it, and the WS6 Master rig with a 9" coil. I have the 11" coil too. I joined in December of 2020, have you been gone longer than that?

5 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Welcome back! I'm a Deus 2 user, have both the RC setup with the 13" coil on it, and the WS6 Master rig with a 9" coil. I have the 11" coil too. I joined in December of 2020, have you been gone longer than that?

No I left last year at some point. I’ve been lurking here since then and see that you’re still a respected and experienced contributor. Looking forward to your input on some of my thoughts and experiences 

• Like 1

I’ve loaned out my equinox and primarily use my Deus 2 with the 11”, except it n the water where I pick the simplex with the small elliptical because it’s just easier for  that situation.  

where I am in western pa, the sites are thick with brush and loaded with small and large iron, and coke (and ticks).  We don’t have natural “hot ground” but the old rail beds, iron furnace charcoal sites,  and coal heated  homesteads  make for a challenge for sure   I won’t disparage any detector, but I will say that the deus 2 has indeed increased my finds on these sites.

Looking forward to new versions of the D2 and looking forward to trying other new detectors as money allows.   

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TJ Jeepguy said:

No I left last year at some point. I’ve been lurking here since then and see that you’re still a respected and experienced contributor. Looking forward to your input on some of my thoughts and experiences 

Yeah I haven't managed to blow myself up yet! 🤣 There are a lot of people with much greater knowledge and experience than me, but in a short time I've managed to annoy people enough that they tolerate me 🙄 I do get out a lot and have many varied places to hunt.

I'll certainly jump in where I can, I do have just about every accessory (sometimes duplicate) for the D2, and I'm an enthusiastic (and broke) user of it. I started with the Equinox 600 a couple years back, but kinda outgrew it. 🙂 I'm retired so I can spend a lot of time fiddling and getting real time experience, some of my permissions are right out my front door. 

• Like 1

I’m not retired yet and have to be at work at 5 am tomorrow 😀.  I have some thoughts and questions I’ll post tomorrow on the current D2 full tones vs pitch.  Looking forward to the thoughts and experiences from others    

• Like 1

• The title was changed to New And Not New

Welcome back and hope to see and read some of your hunts on here.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 1