So An Mcore, Deus 2, And T2 Go For A Walk At The Bullet Site

35 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

I was just testing that with the Legend. Using a very large nail (1/4" in dia) standing straight up with coin about 2" above and 2" to the left. There is no sound. Move the coin over the nail and it hits the coin.

Two questions (so far):

1) Was the nail head up or down?

2) Did you listen to the signal in the 'nail only' case (i.e. no coin within 'sight' of the coil), and if so, what signal/sound/VDI resulted?

The nail head was down. I'll try it up. It will probably hit it up. There was no signal on the nail only. Coil 6x9.5. Settings iron bias 1, stability 4, recovery 3 (will try higher recovery) probably will help, sensitivity 30, Pitch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

So I wasn't loopy?! Haha I figure somebody that's not hunted bad dirt would have a hard time believing my post.  Thanks for the reinforcement!  

You're a very accomplished Digger Daniel. The Red Dirt Experience just added to your resume.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago l posed a question on Dankowski’s forum about true All Metal mode on modern SMF detectors. In answering, NASA Tom replied that the Manticore, while in Prospecting audio Theme, was close to true All Metal, not just a different audio choice. I found this to be quite intriguing. He also stated that the Equinox 900 dp audio is a quasi All Metal with the Iron tone processed but the non ferrous tone a raw AM feed.  There is bound to be a practical application for these capabilities that new users have not hit on yet.

Like others here, I keep a good true All Metal detector for “ special “ use in spite of its other limitations. I sure wish true AM motion mode was more common on SMF detectors, especially my Legend.

23 minutes ago, JCR said:

A few weeks ago l posed a question on Dankowski’s forum about true All Metal mode on modern SMF detectors. In answering, NASA Tom replied that the Manticore, while in Prospecting audio Theme, was close to true All Metal, not just a different audio choice. I found this to be quite intriguing. He also stated that the Equinox 900 dp audio is a quasi All Metal with the Iron tone processed but the non ferrous tone a raw AM feed.  There is bound to be a practical application for these capabilities that new users have not hit on yet.

Like others here, I keep a good true All Metal detector for “ special “ use in spite of its other limitations. I sure wish true AM motion mode was more common on SMF detectors, especially my Legend.

I beg to differ with Tom. It’s a yes or no thing, not blah blah quasi blah blah. My answer is no.

• Like 6

His reply required some thought on my part. After re reading it a couple of times, l think that True All Metal mode, as on the T2/F75/AT Max etc isn’t offered on these latest SMF introductions but something that approximates it is. The practical use for this capability hasn’t really shown itself yet.

Evidently there are a few lesser known SMF detectors that do have a true AM mode like the latest Rutus & Atrex. Seems like a practical thing to have on a high end detector to me.

• Like 4

IIRC the T2 has a static all metal mode with TID (my F75 LTD did, so I'm assuming the T2 did as well), and although I didn't enjoy using it, I know there was a following and they were finding uber deep coins, bullets, buttons, etc.

• Like 5

On 2/21/2023 at 4:28 PM, Keith Southern said:

Good report Daniel..

Now you know why about a month ago On Toms forum I said if i could only have one machine it would be a T2. No Boost mode either a classic model😉

People were like ???? but you got to know what ya know at the end of the day.

Keith

Keith,

I was trying to buy my buddies T2 while we were hunting but he wouldn't part ways with it. Luckily, one of my other buddies said he had a new in the box F75 he'd part with. He wanted $400 for it but I traded him some 5.56mm ammo for it and so now I have a F75.  Even though the T2 and F75 are similar...I always favored the T2 for some reason BUT for a few boxes of ammo in trading even, I will gladly take the F75.  The very first thing I did after getting it was order the Fisher 5x10" DD coil. After my Arkansas fishing trip, I will start saving for an Axiom and between the Axiom and F75, I should have all my local hunting covered. The only wild card would be not having a water machine for the beach.  For that I will probably buy a Manticore again when they become more available down the road.  

• Like 4

Yes Daniel not much different on a T2 Vs F75.

Yet I prefer a T2.I'm a sucker for the color green..And I like the 40 points of iron resolution just for the simple fact it lumps higher conductors closer together ..I dont like 3 ringers reading in the 50s I  like them to read in the 70s 😆.I also like  that the T2 does a hard reset on every turn on instead of a memory recall.Makes sure you set it like you want and dont rely on last site settings and also it seems to reduce noise that a hard reset seems to offer the Hyper machines from FTP.

Yet they are both equal units maybe F75 is slightly hotter sometimes?

I also like the F19 units for heavy iron as a complimentary unit to the t2/F75.

There's alot of great machines but I've found as of late to get any more out of machines manufacturers are offering infinite settings and to me the more we can tweak the more we second guess ourselves settings wise.

I like the K.I.S.S. approach to machines.

Sounds like you got into the F75 in a trade so that's always nice for sure.Easy on the wallet!!

I to am really interested in this Axiom.Looks like a great bad dirt and beach unit.!!

Keith

• Like 2