A Day Out With The Equinox

20 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

An amazing site with some awesome finds. Especially that silver button! Nice ending to the day as well!

Thanks! Honestly the Equinox does just as good as the Deus 2 in my area, but as I've mentioned before the lightest Equinox configuration (CF shaft, 10x5) is still heavier than the heaviest Deus 2 configuration (CF shaft, 11x13). My arm knows the difference, but I love the 600 for its simplicity. 🙂

• Like 3

Nice hunt and fantastic pics of the spy balloons at dusk, surprised they light up so well :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Great day Bob!

Cool stuff as usual, especially the silver button!👍 Many of the "stipple" marks on it look intentional! No matter, they add character, and it's a fine piece!

Chase, what did you find??👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another nice hunt with a great find for you.

Glad to see the NOX in your hands agian and I told you she would come through for you.

Take her out a few more times and see what else you find, like you said the D2 and NOX is so equal in your soil.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kac said:

Nice hunt and fantastic pics of the spy balloons at dusk, surprised they light up so well 🙂

Thanks Kac!

Yeah I figured they were too far away to call a fire mission on. 🤣 Got a phone app called Sky Map, I always have to take my phone out of its case to use it but it tells you accurately what is out there after calibrating the compass. Here's a screen shot:

Screenshot_20230221_185451_Sky Map.jpg

Neptune was on the horizon but polluted out by the sun going down. I have to research my finds!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Another nice hunt with a great find for you.

Glad to see the NOX in your hands agian and I told you she would come through for you.

Take her out a few more times and see what else you find, like you said the D2 and NOX is so equal in your soil.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe out there.

Thanks VL, When Chase told me he thought it would be interesting to go over our detected areas with the Equinox, I jumped at the chance knowing you would approve. Seriously! 😎

I love both detectors, the Equinox has been my right arm from almost the beginning. I've gone over places hunted with it using the Deus and found very little too. In my opinion they are equals, but the Deus 2 is far more versatile, as probably an 800 or 900 would be.

There are upcoming adventures with it, Chase loaned me his 15" coil and I plan to run it alternately with the D2 13" coil in a few weeks on the beach. So far it got me 4 of the 5 gold rings my wife has confiscated. 🙄

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Great day Bob!

Cool stuff as usual, especially the silver button!👍 Many of the "stipple" marks on it look intentional! No matter, they add character, and it's a fine piece!

Chase, what did you find??👍👍

Thanks Joe D!

I was really hoping the button would have marks that might identify the landowner. He passed away in 1697 and was buried on the site, reportedly about 100 feet from the house. I'm thinking bird pecks, animal scratching and maybe a chew or two, luckily they didn't bite it like they do lead. It also was scratched by farm machinery, all I did to clean it was spray it with distilled water like I would do with a silver coin.

Recorded history also states that the owners' gravestone was made of imported English marble, they moved it to a local church but left his remains behind somewhere. 😬 Hope we never dig him up. 🤣 I'll have to stop by the church to verify and pay my respects.

• Like 3