I still haven't see how well the concentric coil works on it on Monte's nailboard test. I think the machine isn't as popular with many dishing out serious $$$$ on the new machines out there.

DeepTech machines don’t get a lot of attention unfortunately. The only USA dealer that l am aware of is Richard(great guy) at Backwoods Detectors. Just today, l saw that DeepTech posted on Finds that they were sponsoring a Tesoro Memorial Hunt in Belgium. This struck me as a very smart idea to capitalize on the large following of Tesoro users to introduce them to DeepTech analog detectors. I hope it is a success and we have a similar event here in the USA.  Steve H had said if there was enough interest in DeepTech he would consider adding a sub forum for them. I would like to see that too.

l have the Vista X and all the coils for it. It is an excellent machine. You can use it as a general purpose detector but it’s strong suite is running in iron and/ or mineralized ground. That is why l got it & what l use it for. It is easy to run if you have an understanding of basic VLF operation. Unfortunately, many today only know turn on &. go and look at the screen.  I really think learning the Vista X has helped me become a better detectorist overall. It is a fun unit to run and it will pull keepers every other detector misses out of worst ground you can find.  It is also very EMI resistant.  They have a good USA service center up in Maine.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kac said:

I still haven't see how well the concentric coil works on it on Monte's nailboard test. I think the machine isn't as popular with many dishing out serious $$$$ on the new machines out there.

The 8” Concentric separates almost as well as the smaller DDs. The value of the Concentric is that it really calms the iron down and allows you to run smoother with lower disc and/ or higher gain.

I have always thought the DeepTechs were a very good value for the money.

• Like 1

The concentric coil is also much less sensitive to flat iron (bottle caps, can bits, etc) which can be discriminated out at relatively low disc levels.

• Like 2

A few more thoughts;   
The Vista X has very precise Disc. You can set the first Disc to flip flop on a Nickel & avoid most small junk. You can set the second Disc to break up on a Zinc & just dig Wheats and up. You can tailor it to what you want to do. The Disc holds true even at depth unless the ground is quite mineralized. Even then, it will just give a high tone & not drop it to iron.

Being one of the few machines with independent Audio Gain & Threshold adjustments you can really balance the detector to site conditions.  On hot ground you can run lower Gain & higher Threshold. That works well for tot lots & such too.  Reverse those settings and you can skip tiny surface trash. The F5 is the same way.

The audio is very expressive. It is not just low & high beeps. You can tell round, long, large, small and shape. Big iron is easy to tell.

It is also as deep or deeper than any thing l have except the Tarsacci in bad ground but it is close.

• Like 4

DeepTech is not popular where they are being made /Bulgaria/. I've not seen even one being sold second hand or new and I keep watch. I'm trying to sell used coil for older Vista but it's going to be a tough sale. 
I've had 2 vistas /Gold Gain & Vista Smart/, bought them used from the UK, and didn't noticed they stand out with something. If it was good discrimination on the Gold, it was coupled by instability so you trade one for the other. I wouldn't buy another of their offerings at the moment because they can prove difficult sale later. 

There is nothing wrong with Deeptech but nothing particularly special about them either. If you want a real good single frequency detector they are an option. But there are also lots of other really great single frequency detector options. If you are interested in widespread dealer support or resale, those other options are simply the safer way to go.

Look at the reality of where the interest is. Endless discussion of Legend, Deus 2, Equinox, Manticore. Or whatever new multi might be in the works by anyone. Like it or not single frequency is now yesterdays news, and no amount of grousing by some old timers is going to change that.

• Like 1