I’m thankful that we have so many quality choices today, not only in detectors but in all the things that go along with this hobby. I would hate not having my pinpointer, or using a plain garden shovel to dig thru roots. Consider the research tools we have today. I use to spend years chasing maps & written accounts in musty old file drawers.

I try to use & enjoy it all, cutting edge new and updated old school. What a great time to be immersed in a great hobby.

• Like 4

My Vista X is a Tesoro on steriods.  I like running it on beaches where the trash is not heavy. It would make a good relic machine, but I do not do relics.  It is deep!.   Heavy trash & parks you want a visual ID machine.   I just got the manticore and will be interested to comparing the two when spring finally hits. 

• Like 1

I own several. The X goes really deep on relics and coins in my area. I also own several coils.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

The Vista X is an excellent detector in trashy mixed use sites if you can slow down & listen. The two separate Disc circuits allow you to have a primary break point between Ferrous/Non Ferrous & a second break point between Non Ferrous trash & desired targets. This actually gives you 3 tones;   Ferrous low,  Breakpoint flip flop &  Desired target high tone, with a lot of audio nuance overlaying it all. You can also set it up to break/flip flop on a desired target(Nickels/Bullets).   It is a very fast detector and all of the coils give good separation. It locks onto targets very quickly. The 16 kHz frequency is not the best for working Aluminum trash but it performs in spite of this. I wish Deeptech offered a 7-9 kHz version.

Joe at the repair center is a really nice guy & does know detectors.

• Like 1

Great, thank you so much for the information. I’ve been using a VDI machine when detecting in iron and struggle with separation/relying on meter to decide dig/not dig. I believe I miss a lot due to this

JR is right about the Vista X, excellent detector overall. You will take to it in short order since your already a Tesoro fan.

You'll find a nice up from the Golden.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 11:56 AM, Redneck said:

My Vista X is a Tesoro on steriods.  I like running it on beaches where the trash is not heavy. It would make a good relic machine, but I do not do relics.  It is deep!.   Heavy trash & parks you want a visual ID machine.   I just got the manticore and will be interested to comparing the two when spring finally hits. 

Did you ever do some comparison testing?  What are your thoughts?