The New Nokta Impact: Good For Gold?

Hi Steve,

you are regarded as one of the real experts when it comes to Nokta / Makro products and you mentioned the new Nokta Impact, operating on 3 frequencies. I would think you are one of the rare people to have it for the ongoing field-testing :ph34r: but would never ever admit...

We are a group of mixed prospectors / coin / jewelry hunters from Switzerland – Lots of people over the entire history, on a very small spot; you might call the ground trashy. As me and my colleagues are about to decide for an update in equipment: What are your expectations regarding possibilities of the Nokta Impact?

• Will it have the punch of a CTX 3030?
  • Will it be close to the abiities of the Makro Gold Racer on small gold?
  • Would you expect it to be a real allrounder? (without offering PI-Performace)
  • Will it outperform the (existing) XP Deus?

Or should we take Makro Gold Racer for small Gold and wait for the nex XP Deus V4 / Nokta Impact to decide for our other requirements?

I for now would go withe Minelab CTX, if it was not that weak on small nuggets.

Thanks for your Feedback, much appreciated !

Zampano & Friends

• Will it have the punch of a CTX 3030?

I do not know what you mean by punch. The CTX is multi frequency and Impact will be one of three frequencies. As such the general advantages of the CTX will remain (salt water beaches, superb target id)

• Will it be close to the abiities of the Makro Gold Racer on small gold?

Last I heard the Impact was slated to run at 5 kHz or 14 kHz or 20 kHz. It will not match the Gold Racer at 56khz. Should be close to FORS Gold+ at 19 kHz 

• Would you expect it to be a real allrounder? (without offering PI-Performace)

Yes

• Will it outperform the (existing) XP Deus

I do not know

• Like 1

Hi Steve!

This is a very nice forum ( even if it is in english :-)) and I would like to thank you in the name of all these not so experienced colleagues like me!

Punch ist meant for impact / depth of the CTX 3030; from what I understood, it is the punchiest VL in the market. I think someone figured out in another post that multifrequency also has its drawbacks, regarding the ability of finding small amounts of gold. When choosing to run the Impact with 4 kHz, good depth should be expected (?).

Cheers!

It's gonna be a Gold Racer then and i'll be waiting what follows next for CTX 3030 and how XP 4.X and Nokta Impact will do. I would expect top of the line VLs to show same depth capabilities as PIs under our not so mineralized groud conditions. For Queensland it will still be the GPZ 7000, I guess ?

Welcome Zampano...what is wrong with english? It is that or nothing for me, my brain barely grasps this my native tongue....just teasing!

Are you going on tour with Mark Hyde?  

Would you happen to know Fabrizo,aka, Fab?  He is a very good detectorist and was touring with Mark for a long while...! 

Best wishes

fred

• Like 1

On 10.6.2016 at 0:41 AM, fredmason said:

Welcome Zampano...what is wrong with english? It is that or nothing for me, my brain barely grasps this my native tongue....just teasing!

Are you going on tour with Mark Hyde?  

Would you happen to know Fabrizo,aka, Fab?  He is a very good detectorist and was touring with Mark for a long while...! 

Best wishes

fred

Hi Fred, thanks for the warm welcome!

English is just fine, I speak 5 leanguages, but it sometimes takes ages to express what I really want to ask or say in eglish? especially as these topics are quite specific and I found out there is a prospector slang that you need to get familiar with, not even mentioning the mates from down under :-))

I do not know Mark or Fabrizio yet. Is Fab swiss?

Best to you

Zampano

Well, yes, in german gold it’s also called gold, but that’s about it…

In Latin it’s aurum, this is why the chemical element comes with the symbol Au

With the Aztecs Gold was called Teocuitlatl (teotl = God ; cuitlatl = excrement ). This must be why you find prospectors so often yelling things like „Holy sh..“ when hitting a nice nugget

In France a gold medal is called medaille d’or and in Italy, the nices way to say „good night“ is „sogni d’oro“.

see by yourself :-))