New D2 Software

PI-Man

So when is new version of software coming? And what is it going to address?

Yea I just got mine so I am curious in what they are going to improve/fix.  Some people it seems recently are dropping hints one might be coming.  Heck I just started learning it.  Which it really isn’t that hard that I have seen, but I would like to see them address some issues (that could be a learning curve on my part though).

Wife still has to mess with her Manti too.

43 minutes ago, PI-Man said:

So when is new version of software coming? And what is it going to address?

Pardon me guys and gals but I am in one of my cynical moods.Anyway in about two maybe three years when the D3 is announced.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I wake up and just about every day, the first thing I do is check this forum to see if a new Deus 2 software update has been released……………

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Jeff.I do the same thing or hope for the e.mail from XP.

• Like 3

I talked with Andy’s wife Charlene this week about a book I was supposed to get when I bought my Deus ll one year ago. She told me specifically that Andy was testing the newest beta version, now soon to be released. No date though. Then of course most have seen Calabash’s video that implies he may know something and would be releasing more info today or tomorrow on the Deus ll. Who knows when for sure, not me. Good luck everybody.

• Like 5

Target separation should be improved... in iron sites. Only the FAST program performs almost well but if I can compare it with Manticore... Minelab is better. In the same place, more finds... on my footprints after two years of hunting at a closed and the same area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

Target separation should be improved... in iron sites. Only the FAST program performs almost well but if I can compare it with Manticore... Minelab is better. In the same place, more finds... on my footprints after two years of hunting at a closed and the same area.

That's interesting that you should say Deus Target Separation should be improved.  Few criticize the D2's ability to separate targets but I also don't have a Manticore for comparison and have heard the Manticore separation ability mentioned by others.  D2 is certainly not limited by processing speed as the default reactivity (Rx) setting in Fast is 3 out of 5.  But there may be processing and/or audio enhancements that help Manticore in this regard.  About the only thing holding D2 back is lack of a narrow elliptical accessory coil like that provided on the D1 to compliment the round stock coils.  But that obviously won't be remedied by a system software update nor does that explain the Manticore comments because only the stock 11" coil is available for M-core right now.  To a lesser extent, having the ability to operate at a top end FMF frequency higher than 40khz could be advantageous as well.

Anyway, I really wanted to focus in on your statement that "only the FAST program performs almost well".  The Fast program is just based on the 40khz FMF Sensitive program but with reactivity set to 3 (vice 2.5 on Sensitive) and it uses very reactive pitch audio > so it is geared to improve separation out of the box by the nature of its default Rx and audio settings.  But you can improve D2 separation in just about any mode by increasing reactivity and using reactive pitch audio granted the 40khz top end of Sensitive/Fast FMF probably gives you a slight edge over the other base programs.  Have you tried Pitch audio and setting Rx to 3 or higher on the other programs in your iron beds?  Those settings (Rx 3 and Pitch audio) should make General (Default: 3 Tones; Rx 2.5; 40khz FMF), Park (Default: 3 Tones; Rx 2.5; 24 khz FMF), Deep HC (Default: 2 Tones; Rx 2, 14 khz FMF) and even mono (Default: 3 Tones; Rx 2.5; 45 khz max) similarly reactive in iron and if you set Rx even higher should improve target separation even further (though I recommend also turning down sensitivity in machine gun iron to prevent iron Target signals from overloading the front end and there is a point of diminishing returns because the target audio becomes very abbreviated).

Also, Gold and Relic mode have different target processing and ferrous filter algorithms as well as utilizing VCO/Pitch audio which can make them perform well (from a target separation standpoint) in thick iron if you increase there comparatively low Default reactivity settings (2 and 1 respectively).

Would appreciate more discussion on the target separation abilities of D2 vs. Manticore from others who own both detectors.  Is it just due to default settings differences between M-Core and D2 or is there more to it?  Might start a separate thread in the Detector Comparison forum...to limit M-core discussion in the D2 dedicated forum.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1