New D2 Software

PI-Man

Hmmmm what can I say that will stir XP to release before its time...... NOTHING! LOL

But if I get the 'spelling' and 'cursive' right........ Here; my sigilnature X ; )

Minelab puts out unbaked software...everybody complains. 
XP takes their time to do it right...everybody complains. 

As a software engineer, I'd rather they get it right than rush it to please the squeaky wheels. 

It gets here when it gets here. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, SwiftSword said:

It gets here when it gets here. 

It been 11 months "28/04/2022" since 0.71 was released, people are getting a bit toey including myself...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Detectornado said:

What are the chances they will introduce a elliptical coil(s) with the new software? Could this be a reason that it takes this long?

Pleasant thoughts, although probably just wishful thinking? But on the other hand, nothing at all wrong with positive thinking....And cheers to you if that is correct.Definitely a different angle to a somewhat frustrating topic and situation for most.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Detectornado said:

What are the chances they will introduce a elliptical coil(s) with the new software? Could this be a reason that it takes this long?

Yes, please! 😏

I can wait for both as long as it takes, but I'm ready when they are. 😉

I have an advantage because I'm not in a race fighting for scraps on detector crowded beaches and parks, so I'll just plod along enjoying my toys, finding what I'm finding, and not finding what I'm not finding until we get whatever goodies XP has in store for us. Have fun out there, after all that's what it's all about... for me anyway. 😎

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Yes, please! 😏

I can wait for both as long as it takes, but I'm ready when they are. 😉

I have an advantage because I'm not in a race fighting for scraps on detector crowded beaches and parks, so I'll just plod along enjoying my toys, finding what I'm finding, and not finding what I'm not finding until we get whatever goodies XP has in store for us. Have fun out there, after all that's what it's all about... for me anyway. 😎

it's not a matter of fun, the deus 2 hits the targets but it's incomplete! 
it's a matter of respect for us customers, 
we spent a lot of money and after more than a year we have a beta product... 
but above all their silence is even more embarrassing! 
I think they are in trouble with the update otherwise it is inexplicable!
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, raziel900 said:
it's not a matter of fun, the deus 2 hits the targets but it's incomplete! 
it's a matter of respect for us customers, 
we spent a lot of money and after more than a year we have a beta product... 
but above all their silence is even more embarrassing! 
I think they are in trouble with the update otherwise it is inexplicable!

With the greatest of respect, I think you're getting a little bit carried away 😀.... Of course the D2 can be improved, and I have every confidence that it will be, but it's already a world-class machine (on the beach and in amongst modern/ancient pollution particularly).

I think that XP are wise to only release new software when they are 100% confident in it.

The alternative to XP's approach would be to make an announcement and then to continually fail to deliver against it (any similarity with other manufacturers would be entirely coincidental...🤐)...

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Zord said:

There was a time in the past when the French were incredibly fast and responsive...

Oh I think they may have a little speed yet LOL;