New D2 Software

PI-Man

What Cap'n wrote above. 👍

And more...

Y'all can bash the Deus 2 all ya want, but it blows my Equinox 600 out of the water, both figuratively and literally. I can't imagine or think of a better all-purpose detector than the D2. Just add some discipline and it works in just about every scenario. I did just fine in Culpeper last year, and will probably do better in a few weeks. Sure, I'm not gonna get the depth of a PI, but if there's something under my coil, it's mine. I will find it.

Google "flooded my Deus 2".

Google "EMI problems with my Deus 2"

Look up "iron falsing with my Deus 2"

Research "inaccurate ID's with Deus 2"

I could go on and on. You're not going to find much really bad press if anything, and there are tens of thousands if not way more out there. For sure it's a winner in my state.

It's not any wonder to me this update is taking a while, and they put testing it in some of the best hands in the world.

I'd be more than happy to have anyone wave any other detector over where I've been, and prove that there was something incredible I missed. Bring it on 😎 You'll have to pay your own way tho. 😁 Hell if I learn something it'll be worth it!

Many of us that took the time to really learn this machine (and yes, deal with a few quirks) are coming out with settings and tweaks that quite simply cannot be matched, and after the update there will be more. What more could you want? It's great now, it's only going to get better.

I have written it before, this detector will prove to be worth every penny, it already has for me.

Feel free to see my posts using the Deus 2, and watch my posts for future finds. 🙂 This is a finding machine, not a hunting machine, kinda like fishin' vs. catchin'.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

This is a finding machine, not a hunting machine ...

Neither an updating machine ... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’m guessing he we’ll see an XP video demonstrating/explaining  the new update a while before it’s released to us.  I was one of those guys that pre-ordered the D2, so I’m pretty used to being patient with this machine.   Can’t complain much at all about the current version!   But there are a few legitimate things that have been hashed out here and elsewhere that should be addressed, and I’m quite sure they will be   Until then, I’ll keep swinging the current version with a great deal of confidence   

• Like 5

Hey 350 — I got a TDI SL that loves northern dirt.  Look out I am driving through that area soon.  I call it the great equalizer.  It found Hoffa’s toe ring a few years ago and a few alien spaceship parts around Area 51  😂 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, PI-Man said:

Hey 350 — I got a TDI SL that loves northern dirt.  Look out I am driving through that area soon.  I call it the great equalizer.  It found Hoffa’s toe ring a few years ago and a few alien spaceship parts around Area 51  😂 

Drop on by man! 🤣

Accommodations here are sparse but I'm sure you can find something in the area.

Ain't "digging it all" for ya tho. 😁

Chase and I have been discussing using the Axiom in a place or two here, that might be enlightening. 🙂 I'd like to see a Pulse Induction in action.

• Like 4

‘Backhoe’s are optional’. I am hoping the new D2 software upgrade has a new program called that.  😆 

Actually I think you guys are smart to sling that Axiom out there when you get a chance.  The D2 is great as some other machines but a pulse should theoretically get you deeper.  Never know what XP is coming up with, but in the end we should dig everything — that good stuff named GOLD can be tricky for any machine.

Never know when I am on road where I could end up.  Of course I like the idea of a dedicated digger.  😃 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Look up "iron falsing with my Deus 2"

Research "inaccurate ID's with Deus 2"

OK, I will play>>

The D2 really struggles with the bi-metal Mexican coins. Less than the Tarsacci , and more than the /Equinox and Manticore. 

I notice other iron needs a special ear too, with a 180 look sometimes. 

I get VERY inaccurate ID's in mineralized salt water with Black Sand. I also worry that I do not fully understand the difference between a deep nonferrous and ferrous target because they react the same.

The same in wild and buried tests, once a target gets beyond TID range it is VERY difficult to figure out what the target is. 

The D2 is not a perfect salt machine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, midalake said:

The D2 is not a perfect salt machine. 

And I never wrote it was. 🙂 Thanks for the input midalake, I know you to be an experienced user, I respect and trust your tests and opinions. 👍

I have used it in dry/black sand, and had no real ìssues to speak of, but I don't test, I just hunt. My Equinox didn't find anything else there afterward, about the only test I've done.

once a target gets beyond TID range it is VERY difficult to figure out what the target is. 

How deep are we talking here? PI range? Depending on what the target is, I've truly had it hold ID as deep as 12" or more. Solid ID. The objects were larger, but not huge. When I go to a beach I'm after recent targets, not archaeological digs.

Sorry about the bi-metal Mexican coins, that's good to know but I've dug a Tombac button with an iron shank or 10  at 6-8" and knew exactly what it was. Solid ID. More often they don't have the shank anymore but the iron halo is still there. Solid ID. I might hear an iron tone or that "squiggly" one. I've adopted a a new maxim, "Squig means dig" 🤣

I notice other iron needs a special ear too, with a 180 look sometimes. 

With the settings I'm using lately after hundreds of hours on the machine myself, I don't dig much iron at all anymore, as a 45 to 90 degree turn tells me all I need to know. I can't imagine not doing that. 🙂

These are cherries, I'm not picking cherries. What if the update solves some of these small issues? 🤔 Especially the small gold problem I've read about? That will only serve to make the D2 even better than most at everything.

I've also read you have difficulty with the coil not staying straight in the surf. Does a smaller one solve that issue? 🤔

In general I can't see many/any of the new machines doing a better job by any margin that makes the D2 less preferable overall, especially when factoring weight, interaction with accessories and portability in. Most certainly not where I am. I've even seen the new 900 sidelined here. We don't know why yet but it is what it is.

Real issues are read and dealt with fairly well by XP, I recall the first few updates, luckily I bought mine shortly after the 0.71 update so I guess I am prone to far less skepticism/cynicism than early adopters. I'm fine with the current version, like the good Captain above.

As implied I have a strong feeling XP is out for blood with the upcoming update, I think it will be well worth waiting for quite simply because it has taken so long.

Thanks for playing! 🙂

• Like 5

6 hours ago, PI-Man said:

‘Backhoe’s are optional’. I am hoping the new D2 software upgrade has a new program called that.  😆 

Haha, just come up with "backhoe" settings (use Relic as a base) and label it "BHO". I don't have the patience to create much more than a 3 character name on the D2 🤣

• Haha 3