Counterweighting The Deus 2 Shaft For. 11” Or 11”x13” Coils

relicmeister

On 2/28/2023 at 1:08 AM, F350Platinum said:

I am also interested in the Quest V80, but it's really going to have to be a killer machine. Thus far the D2 has done so well for me I can't see learning another detector. 🙂

Same for me , the V80 seems to be a very good machine , but the D2 is much lighter and it wont replace my D2 at least for this reason .. 

• Like 2

Being content with the detectors I swing, decided instead of buying one of the latest and greatest releases that I'd put my hobby $ on updating my batts, headphones etc. Seen a post, I believe here, on Steveg's upgrade shafts so looked into them. Liked his concept design for the XP D-2, since I've wore out my ORX shaft, having issues with lock pins and the remote popping off, I made the purchase. The setup using the counterbalance with the 13" coil has a great feel in the field after a half day or more of swing'n. I like that you can easily adjust the weight, or remove the canister for the smaller coils. Also like that the remote locks in tight and isn't popping off anymore. Money well spent.

GPX locks & shafts were also wore out after many years of swing'n big coils so I upgraded it as well with Steve's setup. Once again, good solid feel in the field with the 15" coil. All looks built to last and great communication with the guy who will surely stand by his products.

PXL_20230310_183207640_2.jpg

PXL_20230310_181246470_2.jpg

• Like 2

Dave,

THANK YOU for the very kind words, and I'm so glad you are liking the shafts!  I love hearing from satisfied customers, who are pleased with their purchase and experiencing some benefits "in the field," as a result...

Thank you!

Steve