What Type Of Knee Guard That You Use, If Any

My knee start to sore/pain due to motorcycle accident at young age.. I think my acl was torn due the accident or something if I remember correctly lol..  looking for outdoor knee guard/brace to use when metal detecting.. any suggestions? Thank you in advance

• Like 1

I used to use something like these but now i don't where any.  I just set my knee in soft dirt instead.  2 ACL tears myself

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Marshalltown-Professional-Knee-Pads/5001377531

• Like 1

I've tried many knee pads in the last few yrs.  If nugget hunting with a PI or bigger detector be sure they don't have much metal on them.   I now use utility pants with sewn in removable knee pads.  Many options so give everyone a few days to answer.

• Like 3

I only wear one on my right knee, got some splints from doing too many stage acrobatics playing guitar. 🤣

Any knee pad with gel or just really good padding will work, always cross the straps wearing them. Keeps them from slipping better than straight across.

• Like 3

Do use any, tried em once.   Have callouses instead. They are a pain the arse imo.

6 hours ago, fishersari said:

I'm thinking something like these..

It seems like the answers coming in are not answering the original question asked.  The illustration in the post I linked isn't a typical knee pad, but rather a brace to help support the tendons, etc. that are involved in the operation of the knee.  I considered this when I strained the medial collatoral ligament (MCL) when raking leaves(!) this past autumn.  But it healed up pretty well and so far I've been able to detect without problems. 

FWIW I wear cheapo ($5/pair) knee pads I bought at a garden supply shop, the soft kind -- not the ones with a hard plastic cap.  Comfortable?  For me, yes.  But that's not a brace, just a cushion.  And when I (accidentally) kneel on a small rock or piece of crushed stone (e.g. from a driveway) I'm quite happy to have them!

• Like 1