Alaska Mining Superstore

2 hours ago, Cris said:

very nice products. Steve, do you sell your products online? 

Or just e mail them on their web site....they get right back to you. Bought a detector there several years ago...easy transaction. 

Strick

• Like 1

Wish I had a summer place in Alaska to go mining and would be at that store weekly to purchase all kinds of stuff. I need to stop dreaming! No, I need to start looking for a mine in Alaska!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GeoBill said:

I have to ask.

When I was working in Alaska, I'm guessing in the early to mid '80s, I picked up a T-Shirt from a mining supply store in Anchorage that had in large letters "SUCK ROCKS" and in smaller letters "with a Keene Gold Dredge". My wife coveted that shirt and it went with her when we parted. I missed that shirt (I guess more than the ex) and went over to the Keene Engineering store in in LA to see about getting another one. Their answer, was Nope, only available in Alaska.

Any chance that was your store? Would love to get another.

Cheers

That was us. And thanks for the great idea. We have not had those shirts made for many years, but I’ll look into it today. I am almost certain it will happen as we are doing anything we can to help launch the new location. Dudley and I have talked about bringing the shirts (and little miner hats) back for many times, but it never quite happened. Now is the time to do it.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Cris said:

very nice products. Steve, do you sell your products online? 

The https://www.akmining.com site has a limited selection that is laid out very poorly and not up to date. Like the Manticore they have is not listed, etc. That site is designed for power equipment and frankly I hate the way it works for mining gear. As soon as I get home I will be working on bringing my old custom site back to life. We used to do huge volume to the Lower 48, but to be honest the shipping issues these days will make us less competitive with many large low cost items versus the Lower 48 vendors. I plan on putting up an online catalog that shows what we have, but a lot of it is geared more for local sales. Only a smaller selection of items will be geared for direct internet sales, like metal detectors for instance.

I’ll have something much better up and running online in a couple weeks, basically a separate website within a website custom made for the mining and metal detecting.

• Like 7

• The title was changed to Alaska Mining Superstore