Gold Detector Competition, We Are All Winners. Is Something Coming Gpx-8000?

Yes it seems to be true, Minelab (at least for USA) is offering the most popular GPX-6000 at 25% off.  We've been told this Limited Sale is good through the month of March or until supplies run out?  Well what happens if Minelab sells a bunch of them?  Will they see the writing on the walls and realize, just maybe the price points could be better off for us here in the US?  Prime example is the very popular Minelab Equinox 800 prices under $1000.  That strategic price point move was brilliant and all other manufactures dream of having such sales.

Hopefully this move proves to be GOLDEN for Minelab and you/I the consumers.

Or maybe there is a GPX-8000 around the corner?

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Gold Detector Competition, We Are All Winners. Is Something Coming Gpx-8000?

That's what happens when the AUD is 67 cents to the USD, when I moved away from Australia the AUD was higher than the USD, imagine if that happened again, you US guys would be paying even more than the inflated prices you are now for Minelab 🙂  They should try keep your prices low as long as the dollar exchange remains in the US's favour.

AUDtoUSD.thumb.jpg.5fe05a49318a2047e68dd894e1a7dcc2.jpg

• Like 6

Very good point Phrunt. 

I also don't think there is a new GPX/GPZ-8000 coming anytime soon, as Minelab has their hands full of 4 new Coin/Relic detectors.  But we also know the age of the GPZ-7000 is getting long on the tooth.  GPZ-7000 and SDC-23000 sale last month and now GPX-6000 sale this month.  Curious minds want to know.

• Like 5

The sales are only in the US though, the one with the crazy high dollar 🙂

• Like 4

So in the USA with the 25% discount plus 15% Military discount…….drum roll please……equals about $5500 Aussie dollars 😳

Hmmm…….let me see what the cheapest GPX6000 dollars is here…surely it can’t be an extra $2500 😩

• Oh my! 1

I can see it now… For sale- lightly used GPX 6000 with 5 extra like new coils and 2.9 years of warranty left - $3500.. joking only, but Simon if you ever make it to the US I have a deal for you!

😂

• Haha 3

It’s cheaper for me to fly the 10,000 miles to the USA, pick up my new 6000 and then return home than it is to drive the 15 minutes to my local Minelab dealership…..in fact, I would have enough for a few nights in Vegas as well 🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Yea, that's weird, as long as you could get military discount of course which doesn't exist in Australia, time to shoot Minelab an email asking why? 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Yea, that's weird, as long as you could get military discount of course which doesn't exist in Australia, time to shoot Minelab an email asking why? 🙂

I was planning on saluting Gerry when I meet him 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Tony said:

I was planning on saluting Gerry when I meet him 🤣

Come on over my friend.  No salute needed, I was enlisted not an officer.

• Like 1