Gold Detector Competition, We Are All Winners. Is Something Coming Gpx-8000?

9 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Come on over my friend.  No salute needed, I was enlisted not an officer.

Who cares if you were enlisted Gerry in my book anyone that was in the Military deserves to be saluted whether they were an officer or an enlisted person.

• Like 4

I believe Gerry served in the Marine Corp.  You have to be made of tough stuff to be a Marine.  We all thank him for his service.

Gerry, I like you think that a new GPZ8000 has to be on the horizon.  I can't imagine what they could do to make a better performing machine that the GPZ7000, however, I can imagine them scaling things down.  If they can bring out a GPX8000 that performs as well as the GPZ7000 but comes in under the 4lb mark, something along the lines of the GPX6000, I think they would have a hit on their hands.

I've only said this until I'm blue in the face, but if they would just add in discrimination.  If they did that they would open up not only the gold market but the Civil War relic hunter market as well.  An enormous amount of GPX5000 have been sold out East in relic country primarily because they relic hunters love the depth, but they want that discrimination.

In gold country over here we are always searching out Old Timer diggings and looking for missed gold.  Those sites are almost always productive but they are so trashy.  The old timers threw all their scrap iron, cans, nails, everywhere.  And some of those things are amazingly deep.

Doc

• Like 8

Their focus at the moment is on competition, as evident by the VLF market, at the moment the GPZ has no competition, so unless they think releasing a new model of it will boost sales significantly then there perhaps is little need to replace it just yet. 

Sales of gold detectors have been slower than they were expecting according to their shareholder reports and they're focusing on the lucrative coin and jewellery market.  The 6000 sales have been repeatedly slower than expected, perhaps something to do with the price drops and now some competition.   The 6000 has a lot more competition than the 7000 with the Axiom on the market biting at its heels.

If they replace the 7000 it would have to be a significant performance upgrade and not just a lighter machine or if anything it may encourage more 7000 owners to jump onboard with aftermarket coils rather than investing in a crazy priced new detector, as then they can get a lighter machine by replacing their coils for significantly cheaper.  With thousands of people in Australia now swinging a GPZ with lighter smaller and larger coils than the "standard approved" offerings the 8000 would be quickly put to the test if it were released.

A new GPZ model needs to be everything performance wise the 6000 is, along with the benefits of the 7000 to justify its top dog status, small coils on the 7000 largely do that already, so discrimination is the other factor that may make it take off, perhaps that's why the GPX 6000 dropped the discrimination feature from the 5000, to allow room for it on the 8000.    At the moment people are dropping the 7000 for a 6000 as the 6000 will find them more crumbs which is most of the gold available in many places.  That's solely the fault of the 7000's coil options.

• Like 4

Doc said.....

In gold country over here we are always searching out Old Timer diggings and looking for missed gold.  Those sites are almost always productive but they are so trashy.  The old timers threw all their scrap iron, cans, nails, everywhere.  And some of those things are amazingly deep.

Yes we all want discrimination. The old timer's junk won and I had to quit. 😭 It was not the large rubbish, they can be kick away but those millions of small bits with every swing.

Picture028.thumb.jpg.301af4b177f8e2c36eec79bb38884cca.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, geof_junk said:

Doc said.....

Yes we all want discrimination. The old timer's junk won and I had to quit. 😭 It was not the large rubbish, they can be kick away but those millions of small bits with every swing.

I'll take big baked bean cans over shot gun pellets any day of the week 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

We need to come up with  a big magnet on 4x4 wheels that we can wheel around. Then at least we pick up most of the ferrous stuff then flip a switch and let it fall to the ground away from where we re detecting. Maybe then we could have a fighting chance in some of these spots lol 

strick 

• Like 5

On 3/2/2023 at 5:21 PM, Tony said:

It’s cheaper for me to fly the 10,000 miles to the USA, pick up my new 6000 and then return home than it is to drive the 15 minutes to my local Minelab dealership…..in fact, I would have enough for a few nights in Vegas as well 🤔

A few nights in Vegas will blow that discount out of the water

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, strick said:

We need to come up with  a big magnet on 4x4 wheels that we can wheel around. Then at least we pick up most of the ferrous stuff then flip a switch and let it fall to the ground away from where we re detecting. Maybe then we could have a fighting chance in some of these spots lol 

strick 

I have a big rolling magnet, you can get them at the supply house, for about $150. BUT...will really only work on the loose, surface trash. Stuff stuck in the dirt at all, no bueno. You have any friends at a salvage yard?😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1