Gold Detector Competition, We Are All Winners. Is Something Coming Gpx-8000?

Gerry.....  Looking forward to your future write up....

"IF" they ever do get a decent PI with good disc capabilities in the future (?) that will be BIG, really BIG!

• Like 3

Cmon now people, don’t be telling people to ignore trash.  I need somebody to dig up the junk so I can go back through and get the faint sounding deep biggins! 🤣

• Haha 3

How many of you when you were new to this got caught up digging a really deep hole under a bush because of a good target signal?  

After getting down 18 inches you realize the target is the same as when you started.  That's when you realize some one snookered you by putting a bent rusty piece of wire on one of the branches of the bush.

When I was first getting started someone told me yeah other detectorists will do that.  I said, "Why?"  Because they waste 30 minutes of your time and that's 30 minutes less time you get to spend looking for gold.

Doc

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Doc said:

How many of you when you were new to this got caught up digging a really deep hole under a bush because of a good target signal?  

After getting down 18 inches you realize the target is the same as when you started.  That's when you realize some one snookered you by putting a bent rusty piece of wire on one of the branches of the bush.

When I was first getting started someone told me yeah other detectorists will do that.  I said, "Why?"  Because they waste 30 minutes of your time and that's 30 minutes less time you get to spend looking for gold.

Doc

In a spot that my mate got a 2 oz nugget near a tree root. I got a good signal near a tree. I was getting a good signal all round the tree. After a bit of digging things did not add up. going nearly 2 foot up the trunk of the tree I zoomed in on the location. The tree had grown over a horseshoe and completely covered it with bark.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh my! 3

I hate those disappearing targets - I mean those that are suddenly absolutely nowhere to be found no matter how much retracing, re-raking and resampling I do.

Then after a while I  remember those magnets on my pick…🙄

• Like 3

The super magnet is a time save, but they will not work on gold😀. The nugget I had disappear was never found. The situation was a signal about 5 gm strength in a large conglomerate bolder about 8 ft high. The target was at about eye level. After trying to remove it with a geo hammer it went flying. Spent 2 hours gridding the area around the rock, no non ferrous target was found even though very little rubbish in the area.

😭          

• Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

Oh No!

I hate it when I do that!

• Like 1

Hey Doc

Something like that happen to me but I was coin hunting under a bush and the signal got better when I lifted the coil. What I found was a nice good looking gold watch still running.

Chuck 

• Like 6