Gold Detector Competition, We Are All Winners. Is Something Coming Gpx-8000?

57 minutes ago, Norvic said:

I am at a wee loss at Carl/Tye debate,...

I'm confused.  What is the Carl/Tye debate?  Do you mean Carl Moreland, and who is Tye?

There ARE power and frequency guidelines for transmitting devices in most western countries and if a product is to be sold within those countries, these limits MUST be adhered to. I sincerely do think that a detector that uses BiPolar PI tech (GPZ) with the right coding, to enable deep detection and along with Geosense to accurately combat mineralization is entirely within reach of Codan/ML......without breaking any current power/frequency rules.  The code dynamics to run a pulse-train for longer pulses with higher power and the necessary receive timing is already a well known concept. As with everything Minelab, they will only release said product when sales of the previous model is decayed and available stock of said model is low.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I'm confused.  What is the Carl/Tye debate?  Do you mean Carl Moreland, and who is Tye?

GB the past thread Steve attached to his last post, there is athe Carl/Tye debate.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aureous said:

There ARE power and frequency guidelines for transmitting devices in most western countries and if a product is to be sold within those countries, these limits MUST be adhered to.

Nobody is disputing that. The myth that is raised regularly is that detector designs are impeded in any way for fear that they are exceeding those limits in the U.S., which betrays lack of knowledge about how detectors work. The only issue regarding FCC certification is in relation to included Bluetooth or other wireless methodologies, not the operational characteristics of the detector itself, as such characteristics fall well below any thresholds they need to meet. And FAA and interfering with jets is where this started anyway, and that’s just way outside the realm of being an issue of import.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Nobody is disputing that.

Wasn't aware that there was any dispute lol  I've heard a few ppl in the past confuse the FAA myth with the power/frequency guidelines. I'm sure some of this ensued from the days of Coiltek's early work when John Kah played with various coils and 'devices' and it 'disrupted' air traffic control and radio at the nearby airport. 

On 3/20/2023 at 3:45 PM, Gold Ryder said:

Ill have to read it. Im curious as to what makes the detectors pick up a plane signal and not emit back. 

Chase- Just read your post.  Thanks for that.   

What makes your AM FM radio pick up a broadcast signal and not transmit something back to the radio station?  You're listening to Janis Joplin on your radio, but the radio station is receiving the Beatles coming back from your radio through their microphone???

What makes your cell phone cause static on your AM FM radio if you put it close by, but the radio does not interfere with the phone?

Why can't you aim your metal detector coil at a passing plane overhead sweep back and forth and detect the metal in the airplane?

So many questions, so much magic. 🤣

Doc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2023 at 1:04 PM, Doc said:

What makes your AM FM radio pick up a broadcast signal and not transmit something back to the radio station?  You're listening to Janis Joplin on your radio, but the radio station is receiving the Beatles coming back from your radio through their microphone???

What makes your cell phone cause static on your AM FM radio if you put it close by, but the radio does not interfere with the phone?

Why can't you aim your metal detector coil at a passing plane overhead sweep back and forth and detect the metal in the airplane?

So many questions, so much magic. 🤣

Doc

Ha!  Yeah I should probably stop thinking about it too hard and just work  on beating my 257  nuggets of last year and concentrate on my 500 nugget goal this year.   

• Like 1