Tailgate Talk - Gold Prospecting Advice From Steve Herschbach

Love the video.  Many great tips and he is dead on with this comments and I can factually back up at the 5:20 mark as KEY.. it will save you many trips, wasted fuel and worn out tires.  But so many actually try for a year or 2 and on occasion even longer with not much gold to show for.  Be wise my friends.

• Like 4

I recall an old fella/dinosaur way back answered this new chums question "Where is it?" he simply put an arm out pointing and did a complete revolution. I reckoned then he was leading me astray, but I know now he nailed it. Steves not leading you astray folks, follow his tailgate simple message.

Thanks for posting the tailgate conversation Simon, thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt very comfortable with how it was presented, and listening to sensible, experienced comments. 🙂 Perhaps periodic tailgate discussions about a variety of detector-prospector topics might serve as a beneficial format for future presentations. It might prove very popular with both newcomers and experienced hobbyists.

PS: Finally able to post again Simon. Thanks for your much earlier message... doing just fine.

Jim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting this video and I have bookmarked it so I can refresh my memory from time to time when I get a chance to get out there.

Thanks for the kind comments. Garrett has been doing the Tailgate Talks for a couple years, and mine was just the latest of many. It was fun, just sit with Steve Moore and BS for a few minutes. There was no script or even a plan, we just sat down and talked in a single take. I’m used to doing live radio and this was no different really. That was the last of the video I’ve shot with Garrett in the last year so a wrap for me.

• Like 6

I m usually very good at single take and english isnt my first language :),just the accent reminds the audience and i am from across the channel hahha

RR