That is some neat finds. I especially like the glass & pottery.   Good scouting.

• Like 1

Most USA minted coins from 1931-33 are moderate (to low) mintage.  Apparently those early Great Depression years didn't see much need for freshly minted coins.  Your 32-D Lincoln fits that generalization and it appears to have hardly made it out of the mint before it was lost.  A lot of date+mm issues for those three years weren't even produced, especially at the branch mints.  Only cents were produced in all three years, all three in Philly and Denver, with only the semi-key 1931-S coming out of San Francisco for that time period.

Thanks for the report.  Looks like your relics give you a good picture of the living conditions of that site when it was in its populated years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on a great bunch of relics, Cap'n. 👍 Top picture top left is a Model T valve cover, I find them all the time. The "Neusilber" thing is "German Silver", or nickel silver. I almost misread the "Face Cream" compact or lid. 😀

Doesn't look like you're missing a thing with the Deus 2, truly killing it. Great stuff! That '32 penny does look new.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Most USA minted coins from 1931-33 are moderate (to low) mintage.  Apparently those early Great Depression years didn't see much need for freshly minted coins.  Your 32-D Lincoln fits that generalization and it appears to have hardly made it out of the mint before it was lost.  A lot of date+mm issues for those three years weren't even produced, especially at the branch mints.  Only cents were produced in all three years, all three in Philly and Denver, with only the semi-key 1931-S coming out of San Francisco for that time period.

Thanks for the report.  Looks like your relics give you a good picture of the living conditions of that site when it was in its populated years.

Thank you for the information on the coin, GB_A! The rails and ties are long gone from this track and from the looks of the things I was finding, I think it must have been in decline by the time of the depression. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Congrats on a great bunch of relics, Cap'n. 👍 Top picture top left is a Model T valve cover, I find them all the time. The "Neusilber" thing is "German Silver", or nickel silver. I almost misread the "Face Cream" compact or lid. 😀

Doesn't look like you're missing a thing with the Deus 2, truly killing it. Great stuff! That '32 penny does look new.

Thanks, F350! I was wondering what that hub looking thing was. It was in the vacinity of the license plate. German  Neusilber was common and cheaper back in the day. My grandpa used to call it "Near Sliver". 😆

Yeah that Face Cream lid made me do a double take too! 🤣

• Haha 1

That's not a bad array of finds their Captain.Looks like you have the bug and are on your way to becoming a relic hunting fanatic for certain.Keep digging those big iron targets and you will eventually be rewarded with something outstanding.On the rare occasion iron even leads to surprises and much better things including non metallic items.                                                                                                                                           

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The life of a relic hunter lol...We get all excited when we see little pieces of glass shining in the dirt...ahh all the possibilities that may turn up 🙂 

good shooting CBT 

strick

• Like 2

Nice hunt and I know that was a lot of hard work so congrats on the finds.

Great save on the penny and I hope your next hunt brings you more treasure.

• Like 1

Great relic hunt with a lot of finds.

• Like 1