6 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Congrats!!  The first one's usually the hardest one to find.

It was very difficult these type of rings are so elusive!

2 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Nice job on the gold. From your comments you are learning much faster than I expected. Backup , multiple beaches are a must. Just be careful and guarded with your favorite Hotspot for as long as you can. Here in So.Cal it doesn't matter anymore whether I post pics of beaches and a map. Between the Youtubers and volume of hunters over the last 5 years in particular , most spots are simply overrun. Sharing a spot amongst friends is a double edged sword. Enjoy it while you can.

It's a small beach too, so it's likely to be picked over by detectorists who live nearby if they get the hint. It kinda doesn't matter as much because the waves will keep bringing more stuff in. However at the same time, I got super lucky to find the rings before that other guy did! Sorry other guy if you're in this forum, finders keepers!

True , the surf does recycle and bring stuff in. When I talk about a beach being overrun , I mean counting 10 hunters in a relatively tight , small area. I hope you never experience this as it's rather disheartening. Especially when they don't work together. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

True , the surf does recycle and bring stuff in. When I talk about a beach being overrun , I mean counting 10 hunters in a relatively tight , small area. I hope you never experience this as it's rather disheartening. Especially when they don't work together. 

Oh that sound terrible. Yeah the most I've seen is 2 others, but it's usually just 1 guy.

It would stink if that beach had 10 guys on it. Everyone gets 1 clad coin each, it's that small!

On 3/3/2023 at 3:28 AM, King-Of-Bling said:

Nice job on the gold. From your comments you are learning much faster than I expected. Backup , multiple beaches are a must. Just be careful and guarded with your favorite Hotspot for as long as you can. Here in So.Cal it doesn't matter anymore whether I post pics of beaches and a map. Between the Youtubers and volume of hunters over the last 5 years in particular , most spots are simply overrun. Sharing a spot amongst friends is a double edged sword. Enjoy it while you can.

I went back yesterday and it's pretty much over for now. Gravel/rocks got moved to the front of the beach near the water so nothing solid could be found up on the beach. I only found light material like broken zincers, worn zincers and dimes, and 1 copper ring. It isn't sanded in like the other beaches so it still has potential but i'll need to wait for a few cycles for the rocks to be pushed back up when they do. The 4 other beaches I went to that same day had pretty much nothing. No coin lines or anything significant, and I fear that moving away from the city beaches will produce even less, as even less people visit those locations. Still, it might be worth to check out while waiting for low tide, then I'll head back to that one beach again.

• Like 1

I must have missed the part where that was your first gold ring...congrats and looking forward to your posts in the future. Almost went to the beaches yesterday but decided to get some stuff done around here instead...There are some better tides in the next few weeks but without a weather event it's a crap shoot where to go..I may try to get down there at some point in the next few weeks for some relaxing beach detecting...it's fun but the traffic conditions can make it a real PIA. 

strick 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, strick said:

I must have missed the part where that was your first gold ring...congrats and looking forward to your posts in the future. Almost went to the beaches yesterday but decided to get some stuff done around here instead...There are some better tides in the next few weeks but without a weather event it's a crap shoot where to go..I may try to get down there at some point in the next few weeks for some relaxing beach detecting...it's fun but the traffic conditions can make it a real PIA. 

strick 

I can already tell you that most places are sanded in. You'll be lucky to find a beach that isn't as sanded in, but they do exist! I'm itching to go back down anyways cause I finally got the new xtreme scoop and I wanna dig!

• Like 1