New Simplex Models Coming

Likely too late in the cycle to adjust the production run, what they can adjust and I expect they will is the pricing. 

• Like 1

Maybe so, but they will answer the Xterra Pro in some form.

1 minute ago, JCR said:

Maybe so, but they will answer the Xterra Pro in some form.

Lower the Impact price to the X-Terra price! Job done.  I guess the X-terra will still win on weight and beach performance but other than that...

4 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Lower the Impact price to the X-Terra price! Job done.  I guess the X-terra will still win on weight and beach performance but other than that...

• Like 1

here is the video where Dilek states the Simplex Ultra will not be a selectable single frequency detector if you do not wish to watch the whole video go to 23.54 in the video

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DSMITH said:

For my eyes and ears, the pre production Simplex Ultra smoked the X-terra in this video. Keeping the Simplex tuned and optimized for 15 kHz versus taking the selectable single frequency guts from an Equinox and putting it into the Equinox style housing has its advantages. I am seeing the same target ID instability and up averaging that I and others see on the Equinox selectable single frequencies and unfortunately even on the Manticore and Equinox 700/900 in Multi.

I still really can't stomach the audio tones on the Simplex and Simplex Ultra. That would have been the first thing to go if I had redesigned it. VCO is fine but PWM strangled duck squawking drives me mad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

For my eyes and ears, the pre production Simplex Ultra smoked the X-terra in this video. Keeping the Simplex tuned and optimized for 15 kHz versus taking the selectable single frequency guts from an Equinox and putting it into the Equinox style housing has its advantages. I am seeing the same target ID instability and up averaging that I and others see on the Equinox selectable single frequencies and unfortunately even on the Manticore and Equinox 700/900 in Multi.

I still really can't stomach the audio tones on the Simplex and Simplex Ultra. That would have been the first thing to go if I had redesigned it. VCO is fine but PWM strangled duck squawking drives me mad.

agree with you whole heartily Jeff that is the one thing I can not stand on the Simplex plus is those dying Duck tones, those tones were the first thing I would have changed on the Simplex Ultra also they sound like someone has a duck in a strangle hold and it refuses to Dye LOL

• Haha 2

I'm sure I've been able to replicate my Simplex sounds on my daughters Whoopie Cushion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

MSRP prices are now listed. $199 for Simplex Lite, $299 for Simplex BT, and $349 for Simplex Ultra 

https://www.noktadetectors.com/

• Like 1

This Simplex, Lite, BT, ULTRA line undoubtedly came well optimized using a single frequency of 15 kHz. But, what caught my attention in these devices was "Fully submersible up to 5 meters (16 feet) and protected against total entry of dust", vibration, Light (1.2 kg), I also confess that I didn't like the apinto looking like a duckling, it should put a sharper and stronger whistle. On the other hand, we have VANQUISH 340 Simultaneous Multifrequency input that is not waterproof, but operates at several frequencies, allowing to find small and large objects at the same time.

To enter this fight X-TERRA PRO operating at 5, 8, 10 or 15 kHz is not multi-frequency. Now it is difficult to choose a device, all have their advantages and disadvantages.

In my opinion, I believe that the VANQUISH line is the best when it comes to finding small and large objects, it just lacked IP68, being more resistant.

I've seen several reports of Youtubers who sold their simplex to buy a VANQUISH because they wouldn't be getting thin chains on the beach.

This is just an opinion, but I would love to test this new generation Simplex metal detector.

• Like 1