New Simplex Models Coming

8 minutes ago, phrunt said:

It's hard for me to think about the US prices, they're just so different so when I'm thinking I'm never thinking about US pricing.

Yep they're in the big box stores here and yeah I've seen the cheesy NG branded ones too in store and on Amazon.  But they are just not priced competitively here compared to ML's other offerings.  So it would be hard for Nokta to really make a dent for Go Find customers who could easily pay the same for a Vanquish or just $70 more for an X-Terra.  It's just so crowded in the sub $200 price point, its really hard for someone to break in and start smashing Go Find sales since all the choices down there just split the consumer's vote as they are basically just generic noise as far the consumer is concerned.  At that point they are just an impulse buy and one box is as good as another.  You would basically have to offer the low end Simplex for less than $100 and now you are competing with your own "Mini" and "Midi" "Hoard" which are priced at the Go Find level.  It's just really compressed and fractured down there in the US.

• Like 1

yea, here its all about they're targeting a completely different market, the Go-Find market isn't the usual metal detector market, it's people that have no idea and are buying a retail product at a retail store with no knowledge about their purchase, maybe a kids present, maybe just some toy to play with when they go to the beach or on a holiday.    I always thought the much better Simplex in that market would smash it, so much better of a detector and being waterproof with Target ID's, but they'd need to get the Simplex into that market, into those shops and I'm sure a lucrative move if they did do so, being waterproof really sets it up and above the Go-Find and Vanquish to these customers that know little about the purchase.  To them nice features written all over the box sell and the Simplex has them, and a lot of them.

• Like 2

So the only difference is the frequency has changed to 15kHz on all 3 of the new Simplex models which is probably to move it away from the 12kHz area which is prone to EMI issues for many, especially because of pinpointers.  15kHz for me is generally good for EMI, they have a new membrane to make the keys easier to press as that's been a known Simplex problem and one with no wireless, one with the traditional green wireless and one with Bluetooth being the Ultra, then the Ultra having the full carbon shaft, the mid rage having the lower carbon shaft and the cheapie having the bendy shaft.

The mid range Simplex costing the same as the X-terra, yet all Simplex models being single frequency.  They may end up rethinking their pricing, the Ultra is far too expensive for what it is, and the others seem a bit pricey now too that there is competition with more frequencies.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I look for Nokta to release the Simplex Ultra as a Selectable Single Frequency (5,10,15&20kHz) and still match or beat the price of the X-Terra Pro. We will see.

35 minutes ago, JCR said:

I look for Nokta to release the Simplex Ultra as a Selectable Single Frequency (5,10,15&20kHz) and still match or beat the price of the X-Terra Pro. We will see.

That's what I was thinking Nokta would do. I don't know if it actually costs more to add additional single frequencies, but the 15 khz maximum on the X-Terra, is too low for my needs. Often EMI can't be mitigated until at the very least, 20 khz. Plus, 15 khz is too low for small gold. I'd be happy with 5, 15, and 40khz. 

7 minutes ago, JCR said:

Interesting prediction, but their slow/delayed release of that new Simplex detector (after that trade show in Germany having been nearly two months ago now?) seems to add support to that.

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Interesting prediction, but their slow/delayed release of that new Simplex detector (after that trade show in Germany having been nearly two months ago now?) seems to add support to that.

Yea The X-Terra took everyone by surprise, many here even thought it had to be a Chinese knock off as it just didn't seem realistic.  And here we are 🙂 I can buy one today.

It did serious damage to the new Simplex rehashes before they even got a chance on the market.  Other than the slight frequency change to move off the problematic frequency (especially with pin pointers) they were a bit of a First Texas move anyway.

From what I have seen on the new Simplex Ultra, it has significantly faster signal processing & power than the current Simplex+. This is in addition to all the extra features and hardware upgrade,

If Nokta choses to introduce it as a SSF machine, the modification of the coil may be the bigger delay.

Who knows. They could introduce the Base model as a Single frequency unit and offer SSF on the midline & Ultra or just the Ultra.  It is all just a guess on my part thinking I have a feel for Nokta's marketing savvy. They aren't about to let Minelab out wit them so easily.

8 hours ago, JCR said:

From what I have seen on the new Simplex Ultra, it has significantly faster signal processing & power than the current Simplex+. This is in addition to all the extra features and hardware upgrade,

If Nokta choses to introduce it as a SSF machine, the modification of the coil may be the bigger delay.

Who knows. They could introduce the Base model as a Single frequency unit and offer SSF on the midline & Ultra or just the Ultra.  It is all just a guess on my part thinking I have a feel for Nokta's marketing savvy. They aren't about to let Minelab out wit them so easily.

watched a video that was put up by Dilek about a week ago she was asked the question if the Ultra was going to be a Selectable single frequency detector and Dilek stated that it was not going to be a selectable singe frequency detector she stated that the new Simplex Ultra would in fact be a single frequency detector running 15 KHz

will see if I can locate the video

• Oh my! 1