The difference between NEL and SEF is more noticeable on the bigger coils. The NEL Thunder and Attack feel way heavier and/or unbalanced compared to the SEF 15" x 12". 

• Like 2

On 3/5/2023 at 2:32 PM, phrunt said:

Is that the Nel Superfly? I bought that coil once from Ukraine, it never arrived, I'm not all that bothered as I bought it for the Simplex which I never use.  Ebay gave me my money back so no big deal, but I'd still like to get that coil for my Gold Bug Pro.

Was going to buy the Cors Butterfly directly from Ukrain and my gut said no.......

Both companies suppsed to be starting back up this spring.

• Like 1

I've not had any other NEL coil besides the Tornado.  The SuperFly is much thinner and lighter than it for sure. On my T2, it air tests a minie at 18 inches in all metal BP mode activated, and 16ish inches with regular all metal. In ground, in my 2 bar dirt at home, I don't have anything buried in my test garden that is beyond what it can hit and also correctly ID.  I like this coil size because now days, every detector out there is coming standard with the same size coil and that makes it easy to do comparisons.  The dirt I found the dropped minie in (in the picture) was NOT 2 bar dirt.  It was actually 4 bars and creeping into the real hot dirt zone.  The Manticore and Deus 2 were very chirpy there and I had to back them off to get them to smooth out. Same with the T2...but at 70 sensitivity, I was still digging stuff deeper than my pinpointer is long. The dirt there has been "turned" or back filled in some spots.  I got a sweet 70s signal that was right at 12 inches down and pinpointing right in the bottom of the hole. I would have bet $100 it was going to be a deep minie ball.  Nope. Screw cap to a liquor bottle.  😄 

I'm fixin' to go hit a spot on our property that my dad cleared out with his Bobcat.  I noticed he kicked up old brick and blue feather rim china in an area clearing out scrub brush and stuff. The little 8x6 SEF is about to get a work out...and maybe the 5" round coil too.  

• Like 3

Sounds like your Dad turned up a good spot.