SDC 2300: In Search Of "coil Yoke Adapter" Or Possible Fix

Hey, I recently overworked my SDC and broke the "coil yoke adapter".      I contacted Minelabs service department  here in the USA and inquired about purchasing the part and getting it sent to me so I could get back up and running.   After talking to the very helpful Tech, they said that unfortunately it would take months to order the part, and basically would not offer any solution except for me to send my unit in for repair.  $375 for a new coil assembly +  1hr labor +shipping....     As well, they would not sell me the coil assembly.  hhhmmm     I was a bit disappointed as I have had good experiences with the service department there before.  

Seems like overkill to send my unit back for the replacement of a simple part.  As well, Im not sure why they wouldn't sell me a coil assembly if nothing else.

I watched a video from Miners Den Australia of a tech replacing this exact part, so I know its available and not a tech only repair kind of thing.    Sooooo.....      Would anyone here know of where and how I might obtain this very rare and hard to find SDC part called the "coil yoke adapter" and its  associated O ring?   

I tried to epoxy the cracked parts but it does not take, maybe im using the wrong kind of adhesive?  Any advice on a possible fix would be welcomed😃

-----

As a side note:    It was a perfect opportunity  (excuse?) to try out the Coiltek kit and 10x5 coil which I purchased as soon as I got off the phone with Minelab....  I tried it out and its great!  I prefer the coil being centered on the shaft for poking fwd and back and while scrubbing the coil up a steep bank.  Its just as or more sensitive, stable, and capable of a coil.  (found some tiny shallow pieces and one .3 at good depth).     I just would like to be able to put the machine back to stock at some point...

Cheers!

SDCpic.jpeg.b8f44fee4f75e9a14d8526f76fe939ca.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

• The title was changed to SDC 2300: In Search Of "coil Yoke Adapter" Or Possible Fix
  • 4 weeks later...

It's times like these that the Chinese fake manufacturers can come in handy, I hate buying anything from them but sometimes buying silly little parts Minelab won't sell individually and expect you to pay a fortune to get the problem resolved including their labour it just makes no sense and in that case it seems only reasonable to buy fake aftermarket parts from China like this one here, the guy may even sell you the individual part you need rather than buying the coil, worth checking it's only some plastic how different could it be to the genuine article.

I bought a Garrett Ace 300I that had a broken arm cuff, because of this I got it at a very good price, I wasn't easily able to source a Garrett part in NZ so I just bought a fake arm cuff from China, problem solved and only about $15 to resolve it.   If manufacturers can't help or they are unreasonable with costs the dodgy Chinese manufacturers can come in handy.

• Like 2

Thanks Simon,I did see someone had a bunch of sdc coils on ebay a couple weeks back....      I did end up talking to someone at MinersDen Australia and they said yeah we got one, but because of the distribution agreement they have with minelab they couldnt send me one🤔  Also since mine is the 1st gen they said it "might not fit".    Im more motivated now than ever to take the darn thing apart and make a new housing for the electronics..... (now that I have an Axiom in the kit...)

• Like 2

You could put the call out for an Aussie to buy it and ship it to you, I'm sure someone would do it if you transferred them the money, not a big lot of effort involved.

• Like 1