Any Recommendations On A Beach Hunting Vacation Location?

My mom is 71 years old this year and I'm trying to get her out to some cool places when i can get time off of work. She loves the beach and i love to detect the beach so i wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on white sand beaches to take her on a vacation to... she's from san diego so that is off limits and id prefer warm beaches.

Right now I'm leaning toward the Bahamas but interested in any thoughts you all might have. Due to her age i just need to make sure its safe... and for me, who will fund this, not too insanely expensive.

• Like 3

The Bahamas have been having problems with crime and so be careful on where you go outside the U.S.

Check out the areas that you are wanting to go before booking your transportation so that you don't wind up in a place where you could get hurt.

• Like 2

I have also heard about restriction on metal detecting in the Bahamas. I'm sure one of our beach hunters will chime in about that.

I'm a big fan of Florida beaches. My wife prefers calmer waters and white sands of the gulf cost, like Destin, Siesta Key,  Sanibel Island. I, myself, prefer the Treasure Coast for some reason. 😉

• Like 2

23 hours ago, 619_805_okie said:

She loves the beach and i love to detect the beach so i wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on white sand beaches to take her on a vacation to...

Don't come down in Mexico where I am at. Way too dangerous😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh my! 1

• 1 month later...

As a Florida boy, I'd say my favorites are Siesta Key and North, up thru the panhandle,  on the West Coast! Do ask about the "Red Tide" conditions before booking West Coast though, as it is a respiratory irritant, especially in older folks, and individuals with a history of breathing problems! South of there are still recovering from the hurricanes, if I'm not mistaken!

East Coast (I'm in Melbourne) I'd say Vero North to past St. Augustine, but before Jacksonville! This time of year, ask about the seaweed conditions, as it can get messy if not removed! Disney Vero is a pretty safe bet for clean rooms, manicured beachs, and large pool area! And it is right in the center of the 1715 Treasure Fleet Wrecks! You might get lucky!

Then there's always the Savanna Ga area, and Hilton Head SC area; both very nice also! 🍀👍👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

GravediggerMax always seems to find jewelry at Virginia Beach, Va. on youtube. They have a nice boardwalk there in the land of "nada". 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TampaBayBrad said:

GravediggerMax always seems to find jewelry at Virginia Beach, Va. on youtube. They have a nice boardwalk there in the land of "nada". 😄

I like that phrase, "land of nada". 🤣 You must have seen the "NO" signs there. Got a few up my way too. 😁 I'm about 2 hours from VA Beach.

It's a big beach. Not as expensive to stay at as Myrtle Beach, which is a bit longer. Headed there soon myself. Found a resort on the "Bargain" end that charges very little for RV's.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I like that phrase, "land of nada". 🤣 You must have seen the "NO" signs there. Got a few up my way too. 😁 I'm about 2 hours from VA Beach.

It's a big beach. Not as expensive to stay at as Myrtle Beach, which is a bit longer. Headed there soon myself. Found a resort on the "Bargain" end that charges very little for RV's.

I like weekend getaways near your own house where there's not a long drive involved. Still feels like you got away from the same ole same ole even if it's only 2 nights in a hotel on the beach.

Make sure you don't forget to pack the detector!

• Like 2