Sdc 2300 Fake?

JT66

Be aware!  I saw this on eBay today and it looks like a fake to me. But the seller says, "it was an early test unit."  One pic Shows an obvious name change and other shows paint peeling off the bottom of the coil.  My sdc did not have a painted coil.  Hopefully, Steve can confirm one way or another on this unit...  I really don't want anybody to get sucked into a scam...

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

That is actually a minelab F3 Compact mine detector mocked up to look like an SDC 2300 - the funny thing is that while the paint looks pretty close they botched the graphics job and it says GPC? LOL. 

The detectors are pretty similar in appearance, but no, it won't find you gold all over the world as the seller claims it has - anything shy of a gram would have to be rubbed right against the coil of this machine to get a response - great for finding ordinance, not so good for finding gold.

• Like 1

Report it on E-bay as well, I did but sometimes it takes multiple reports to get anyone's attention, hopefully in this way we can keep some poor sucker from getting scammed as you said.

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

That's weird as hell. 

No chance Minelab wasn't testing an SDC in a F3 shell? I could see them going from the GPX to GPC. The seller has decent feedback too. 

No it's just someone trying to pull a fast one - look at the setting switch, also, zoom in on the graphic for "GPC," you can see the edges of a low quality paper base decal or sticker. 

I don't want anyone to get ripped off but it looks like a prototype to me. Don't know why anyone would go to all the trouble of designing a "GPC" logo instead of just copying an SDC one off the internet. The whole thing is strange, that's for sure.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, AU_Solitude said:

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Tell me about it! :blink:

• Like 1