I Was Not Expecting Such A Large Sand Scoop!

It has yet to be tested on the field, but this xtreme scoop is huge! I'm definitely not going to be missing targets anytime soon, and those zincers that sink into pooled water will finally be able to be extracted! Easily 3 times bigger than my previous scoop and looks fairly durable! Carbon fiber handle makes it light weight and has a great grip compared to the iron rod I am currently using. I'm excited to try this out tomorrow!

• Like 2

Work your way slowly into a new scoop that can dig a plug that weighs more than twice as much as your old scoop.

I use my big scoop rarely and when I do I'm sore and potentially 'hurt' by the strain on my rarely used muscles.  It is one thing for a scoop to be big and light and another to get a full scoop of wet sand and lift it.

I've gotten hand strain and forearm strain by digging to much and too fast.

Half scoop if necessary.  A full scoop will seem like you are locked on a tree root.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Work your way slowly into a new scoop that can dig a plug that weighs more than twice as much as your old scoop.

I use my big scoop rarely and when I do I'm sore and potentially 'hurt' by the strain on my rarely used muscles.  It is one thing for a scoop to be big and light and another to get a full scoop of wet sand and lift it.

I've gotten hand strain and forearm strain by digging to much and too fast.

Half scoop if necessary.  A full scoop will seem like you are locked on a tree root.

I'm fairly young and I need to workout anyways so i'll be going in with all the strength I can muster and in the end it'll just end up a good nights rest after all that exercise! For certain though, the size of the holes will be based on the sound the machine produces. I wont be making craters for surface finds!

• Like 1

When I read the title I was thinking that you bought a backhoe, glad to be wrong on this.

Take it easy at first as it will wear you out in a hurry or even pull some muscles.

Good luck and have fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like it is a 'Sirius' piece of kit 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1