Minelab X-terra Pro Vs Nokta Simplex

X terra pro has the option of wirelessly connecting headphones.....!!! 

It can be seen that Minelab is going from X Terra Pro very seriously to the fight for market dominance... in this price category... and this is also indicated by the options and settings of XTerra Pro...

let's not forget that Minelab has already managed to put on the market the multi-frequency detector Vanquish 340 for 240 euros.....and it is possible that it will also innovate this class of detectors...which I would consider logical....

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

X terra pro has the option of wirelessly connecting headphones.....!!! 

It can be seen that Minelab is going from X Terra Pro very seriously to the fight for market dominance... in this price category... and this is also indicated by the options and settings of XTerra Pro...

let's not forget that Minelab has already managed to put on the market the multi-frequency detector Vanquish 340 for 240 euros.....and it is possible that it will also innovate this class of detectors...which I would consider logical....

Sorry , yes the Xterra Pro does have an embedded wireless emitter , I just checked the user manual. 

Its price will be around 430E with the wireless headphones I think . A reasonable price for a quite sophisticated detector 

• Like 3

The X-Terra Pro supports the ML-85 headphones, not the ML-80's.  This means its not aptX it's Bluetooth LE, the new Bluetooth the same as the Nox 900 and Manticore.  It should in theory work with any Bluetooth LE headphones, just very few are on the market yet being new tech and so far I haven't heard of anyone getting their hands on another brand and trying it.  If they will work on generic stuff headphones and especially ear buds will end up quite cheap for it.

• Like 4

On 3/9/2023 at 9:31 AM, ☠ Cipher said:

In the end, it’s like Minelab said “okay, you want to take our Equinox and sell it for $500, we’ll take your Anfibio Multi and sell it for $269.” 

The Anfibio is 5/10/20 khz. With the X-Terra only going as high as 15 khz, that would be a deal breaker for me. Although the Anfibio is much more costly. 

I would have thought there was no way the Codan shareholders would allow Minelab to sell the X-Terra at such a low profit (compared to all the other Minelab detectors). Then again, I'm thinking the Minelab's convincing argument, went something like, "We need to undercut the Simplex's  dominance in the lowest cost tier. The X-Terra will sway newbies from the Simplex due to the X-Terra's MF. As such, we will not only have new customers, but we'll have new customers that will probably upgrade to a Nox or Manti".

I don't know what new features the Simplex Ultra will have, but if it doesn't have MF, then I can't see how it will compete with the X-Terra unless the Simplex gets a significant price drop.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

I don't the new features of the Simplex Ultra, but if it isn't SSF, then I can't see how it will compete with the X-Terra unless the Simplex gets a significant price drop.

I don’t see it either. That’s probably why Minelab nicknamed the X-Terra project “the tormenter.” Nokta was supposed to have the new pricing out to distributors within a few days of the IWA announcement. Crickets so far. They’ve gotta be scratching their heads trying to figure out where Simplex now fits in, in the pricing order. 

• Like 3

The Anfibio, when properly set up, is a very good metal detector.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

The Anfibio, when properly set up, is a very good metal detector.

Indeed. It might be properly viewed as a next tier detector.

We have all been thinking of the Simplex with this new X-Terra Pro, but more importantly perhaps is what it's release will do to the other brands that had their top of the line machines lagging behind the Simplex, what about Garrett and their AT Pro/Gold/Max.  What about First Texas and their lineup of Dinosaurs?

This could be extremely damaging to them.  Yes they will have their fans that say my "whatever detector" is so much better than an Xterra but how about the general shoppers.  I personally would pick the Xterra over my T2, or my AT Gold.   If they put 20kHz on the X-terra it would be fantastic though but I guess a lot of thought went into giving as much bang for the buck without damaging existing detector sales in their lineup too much.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I don’t see it either. That’s probably why Minelab nicknamed the X-Terra project “the tormenter.”

nokta's nickname for the legend should have been "Bear poker.  If i was looking for my first detector now and had $400 to spend it would be the Vanquish, SMF wins.  But i'd be wanting the Legend so bad probably find the extra bucks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1