Greetings From Central Oregon

Sir ching

New member with a long time interest in metal detecting and finally acting on it now that I've retired.  I found this forum by googling prospecting boots.  Everyone seemed very congenial, helpful and provided excellent points of view.  The more I read the more I felt like pulling up a chair to the stove, so here I am.

• Like 7

You have found a good spot.

Welcome from East Texas.

• Like 1

Thanks a bunch.  I'm a little worried about buying a boat last year thinking I'd want to be on the water all the time.  Guess I'll go the "everything in moderation route.  

Thank you rv, You've got a sweet handle as well.

The boat is an 18ft 87 Crestliner.  I spent last spring and summer redoing her.  She came out of Roseburg and the gal forgot to pull the plug so it became a watering trough in her pasture.  All new wiring, Craigslist seats, I did the upholstery,  fuel hoses/connections, new flooring, 90 Merc 4 stroke / 8hp Yamaha kicker. 

IMG_1420.JPG

IMG_1556.JPG

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum and glad that your here.

Will be nice to read and see some finds from your area. Beautiful country up there with a lot of history.

Good luck and good hunting.

The 90 pushes it along just right.  I removed a lot of extra weight by taking out the port fold down seat, the seating/ casting platform in the bow and the full width folding bench seat in the stern.  I'll have to look into what that means.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response., just saw your reply,. Had a mercury 50 on a 16' Boston Whaler to fish out of till a few years ago.

The different merc reference was about dimes ..

Live long and prospect....🖖