Would You Buy Official Earbuds?

I dislike headphones so much, that I never used them. However, once I tried earbuds, I never used the speaker again, and headphones now seem like an archaic relic 🙂

I'm thinking the manufacturers don't offer them, because the market is already filled with high quality, low cost earbuds. 

BTW Detectornado, you really put some effort into those pictures. Thank you.

Was there a specific reason you used the stem shaped earbuds instead of the bulb shaped earbuds? With the bulb style earbuds, I set them in my ear, give them a slight turn towards the back of head, and they're locked in place...easy peasy. I tried the elongated earbuds a few days ago, and found them to be a PITA trying to put them in my ear and getting them to lock in. Maybe it was just me though.

• Like 2

Clever artwork.  From what I know, logos are more for advertising to non-owners than those who have already purchased.  When it comes to vanity, I'd rather wear something with an old product / defunct company logo myself, e.g. White's.

I think at least some of the recent Minelab headphones (with the logo) were simply a 3rd party product that ML paid to put the logo on and then sell with jacked up price.  Several people did an end-around and bought that manufacturer's identical product to save the juice (and maybe to flip off Minelab?  😉).

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

When it comes to vanity, I'd rather wear something with an old product / defunct company logo myself, e.g. White's.

I'm a computer buff. Are you saying that my shirt with the Atari logo, and my "Wang Computers" shirt, implies vanity? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Digalicious said:

Atari logo, and my "Wang Computers" shirt, implies vanity? 😁

Well yes!

Just kidding, and I have only used headphones a couple of times due to constant ringing in the ears.

16 hours ago, Digalicious said:

BTW Detectornado, you really put some effort into those pictures. Thank you.

Was there a specific reason you used the stem shaped earbuds instead of the bulb shaped earbuds? With the bulb style earbuds, I set them in my ear, give them a slight turn towards the back of head, and they're locked in place...easy peasy. I tried the elongated earbuds a few days ago, and found them to be a PITA trying to put them in my ear and getting them to lock in. Maybe it was just me though.

I personally like conventional earbuds with a stem sitting in the outer ear. One drawback is that they have low isolation from outside noise.

Bulb style earbuds:

earbuds-garrett.jpg

For myself, even better would be official manufacturers LL bone conduction headphones like these. Presently there are no suitable AptxLL bone conduction headphones on the market.

2AAB5E82-015B-4465-A532-C2C49BE9CC0F.jpeg

• Like 2

I wrote a few manufacturers telling them about the detecting market and the need for Bone Conduction headphones with low latency capabilities, especially Aptx-LL. They already make them waterproof to a degree.

Seems that most detector companies are moving to 2.4GHz wireless, so I may take up the campaign again 🤣 

I'm not a fan of earbuds or over ear headphones, I always want situational awareness when detecting. Bone conduction headphones would be best, but on-ear work ok.

• Like 1

There are so many companies making quality ear buds right now...I wouldn't buy a metal detector manufacture's ear buds if it was an option and not included with the detector.  With the 7000, I use wired earbuds that came with my old cell phone purchases over the years.  I rarely wear the ear muff type with the 7000 because a day's worth of ear muffs clamping on my head will sometimes give me a headache by the end of the day.  Though, if it's super windy- I'll use the big ear muff headsets.

• Like 1