I really don't save much items like that as I will just toss in a box and when I get enough of it off to the scrap yards.

Brass brings in good money.

Sorry

• Like 3

No mate, I don’t go to that much trouble.... just keep them in boxes sitting around the place ready for a show and tell for any visitors interested.

The old timers back in the day must have spent a lot of time keeping their brassware all shiny.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Valens Legacy said:

I really don't save much items like that as I will just toss in a box and when I get enough of it off to the scrap yards.

Brass brings in good money.

Sorry

Yes VL... I have a scrap bin as well that I sort and cash out all the lead, ally and uninteresting brass when it adds up.

I couldn’t scrap beauties like this buckle...could be fully repurposed.

54CE4958-33E9-4BB1-B5DF-9AD3028C9482.jpeg

• Like 6

Lover that barrel tap,have found a few of those over the years,its personal choice if you wish to clean them or not i guess,they look great when they are done but its keeping them clean that is the time consuming part of it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Lover that barrel tap,have found a few of those over the years,its personal choice if you wish to clean them or not i guess,they look great when they are done but its keeping them clean that is the time consuming part of it.

I find it therapeutic cleaning up my finds in the shed on a rainy day. And they only get one thorough clean and into the storage box. Their appeal seems to last well with this method.

Nice stuff Bootsctape! 👍

I have a lot of brass in a box of relics too large for a display case. What do you use to clean them?