Garrett Axiom Vs Minelab 6000

The Ax comes with 2 great coils and 2 more at a very reasonable price. The unique DD is special. Love mine.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

What is the latest?  Which one does what better?

• Like 2

It's odd there have been no replies to this! I have seen how the 6000 can work, and pretty good. I have the Axiom but haven't been out yet so can't say, hopefully by the end of next week I'll be able to report back.

• Thanks 3

If a person had neither and was serious about nugget detecting, money no object, I'd lean GPX 6000 with aftermarket coils. If they want the detector for additional uses other than nugget detecting and/or budget is an issue, I'd lean Axiom.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Not a lot between them, both are magic lightweight cordless PIs, however I`m still on the fence, waiting to find a virgin patch with the Axiom, it has not got much on flogged 6K patches, once I`ve flogged the first Axiom patch that`s only a few swings away .... I`ll flog it with the 6K that`ll sort it out for me. Well sort of, because the Axiom with its settings and large OEM coil choice, thus versatility will keep it in my arsenal if its just short of the 6K as I suspect. Just a matter of working out which is my grab and go to machine.

MN tis a bit like that piece of string.... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Not a lot between them, both are magic lightweight cordless PIs, however I`m still on the fence, waiting to find a virgin patch with the Axiom, it has not got much on flogged 6K patches, once I`ve flogged the first Axiom patch that`s only a few swings away .... I`ll flog it with the 6K that`ll sort it out for me. Well sort of, because the Axiom with its settings and large OEM coil choice, thus versatility will keep it in my arsenal if its just short of the 6K as I suspect. Just a matter of working out which is my grab and go to machine.

MN tis a bit like that piece of string.... 

OK I’ll bite, what about that piece of string?
Is it which end is longer?

I'm just trying to generate some updated feedback.  It would include field use by purchasers and point out the pluses and minuses I would hope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1