Finally Have All 4 Coils 24K

Well I finally was able to pick up the final coil I was searching for, for my Garrett 24K, the 4x6 and man it is tiny compared to the 14x8 which is currently mounted to my 24K

Garrett 24K with 5 Coils (2).jpg

Garrett 24 K with 5 Coils (3).jpg

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

Well I finally was able to pick up the final coil I was searching for, for my Garrett 24K, the 4x6 and man it is tinny compared to the 14x8 which is currently mounted to my 24K

Garrett 24K with 5 Coils (2).jpg

Garrett 24 K with 5 Coils (3).jpg

Also wanted to thank Nate (Nuggets) for the quick shipping he is great to deal with

I am incredibly jealous!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I am incredibly jealous!

takes just a little perseverance phrunt to hunt the 14x8 and the 4x6 down and a few PMs to people that have them, they sure cannot shoot you for asking if they are willing to separately sell things

I also figure it this way if I ever decide to sell my 24K which is unlikely but if I do having all four coils will be a great selling point that little 4x6 does not have a scratch on it, its like it was never used

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

How come Garrett has never made any other coils for the 24K besides the standard that it comes with? About 2 years ago I called them to see about other coils. " O yes, we're working on them." What crappy product support!

• Thanks 1

I wonder how the sales of the 24k went though, we have to remember it was a re-release of an older detector that had been on the market for some time, they released it to continue such a good detector being on the market but sales probably are not all that crash hot given the circumstances, the bulk of sales are when a product is new and most just get a multi frequency machine these days and not even both with a dedicated prospecting VLF.

I think they just put focus onto other detectors for a while that have more chance of drumming up good sales like the Axiom and their SMF AT replacement that they really need to get to market, fortunately the Whites coils were still available for a while so I snapped up two 6" Concentrics to keep me satisfied.   I'd love a Garrett 6" Concentric for it though as I genuinely believe they'll make a better quality coil.  The 10x6" and 6" Concentric are the only coils I feel I need for the 24k out of the range that was available, the only other coil I'd want is the 6 x 3.5" Nel Snake coil, which they were going to be making for the 24k until the war came along so who knows if that will ever happen now, I would think probably not.

• Like 3

Hopefully not much longer for the 6” concentric. I’m also disappointed it’s been taking this long, but it’s fair to say they got sidetracked by the Axiom release. Not saying that’s right, just the way it is. Getting coils out in a timely fashion for new detectors seems to challenge everyone but Nokta, though gotta say that with six coils at release Garrett did well with Axiom. But again, I think the 24K got the back seat due to that. I also tend to think the market for dedicated VLF nugget hunters is drying up, which is not helping either. Garrett may very well end up selling more Axioms than 24Ks.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I use the stock coil, it's perfectly fine and works great, very sensitive too but the little 6" is just more sensitive and for me that's a big deal because I primarily live in an area with very small gold. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings!

I haven't been on here for a while.  I usually spend the cold rainy months in Oregon shooting my Muzzleloaders.

I talked to Garret after the rerelease.  They did it because they didn't have a higher-frequency Gold Detector for the African Market.

I reached out to my distributor about the same time, and they weren't selling that many of them.

I have three, the 10" & 4"x6" D/D, and the 6" Concentric, which is my favorite.

• Like 1